CGMBS - CLS
California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)/CGMBS, Full Time
We are looking for talented and energetic CLS/CGMBS licensed applicants looking to quickly learn and expand their experiences with Next Generation Sequencing platforms. This position is a full time, permanent position in San Francisco.
- Perform high complexity laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Perform and review laboratory quality control procedures.
- Document corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Perform and document regular equipment maintenance, laboratory decontamination, and hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain laboratory reagent and supply inventory, ordering as needed.
- Assess new technologies and platforms for possible introduction into the clinical laboratory.
- Must possess a valid California CLS license.
- Completion of a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent training program at an accredited institution and clinical laboratory work experience as a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Must be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and work independently without constant supervision.
- Prefer Next Generation Sequencing, assay development, and/or automation experience, but not required.
- Competitive compensation package (cash + equity)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- Catered meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) daily and a kitchen stocked full of snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Company happy hours
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- The opportunity to work for a company looking to change the world by improving the lives of cancer patients