Associate Scientist I - Neuroscience Drug Discovery
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson are recruiting for an Associate Scientist I for the Neuroscience Discovery group, located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Neuroscience Discovery research team, which is devoted to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders.
The Associate Scientist will:
• Be an active participant in a vibrant, multidisciplinary drug discovery team.
• Design and implement experiments using a variety of techniques such as cell culture, cell biology, molecular biology, and protein biochemistry to help understand neurotransmitter receptors at the molecular level.
• Identify novel therapeutic targets and to discover therapeutic agents to treat neuropsychiatric disorders. Learn cutting-edge technologies in robotics, imaging, genomics and proteomics.
• Help discover new medicines,
• Co-author high profile publications.
• Enjoy experimental bench science.
• Master's degree in Life Sciences with 1 or more years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences with 2 or more years of relevant experience is required.
• Experience in Molecular Biology, Cell biology and Biochemistry is required.
• Neuroscience, Pharmacology and/or Electrophysiology experiences are preferred.
• Experience identifying novel therapeutic targets and discovery of therapeutic agents is preferred.
• At least 1 year experience conducting benchwork in a lab is required.
• Critical thinking, attention to details, and strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are vital for success is required
• Must be self-motivated, team-orientated and with proven scientific problem-solving ability.
• This position may require up to 5% travel
North America-United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)