The responsibilities of this position are to plan and track the manufacturing of components and kit assemblies based on information from the ERP/MRP system, in order to successfully meet our customer requirements.
- Interpret Master Production Schedule and translate into manufacturing production orders for Items. Determine the start date, due date and quantity of each item to be manufactured. Use planning principles, effectively plan items balancing customer service and inventory value, without increasing scrap. Maintain a forecast using historical sales data.
- Manage open production orders, past due production orders, past due planned orders.
- Coordinate weekly scheduling/production meetings with key stake holders.
- Monitor and Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including daily review of customer backorders
- Identify expired Items, salvage useable components, and re-work when possible.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or equivalent with a minimum of 0 to 4 years of planning experience. Manufacturing planning preferred. Attention to detail, organization, and data analysis skills are required. Experience working in an ERP environment required, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Must be a self-starter, able to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, problem solve and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Lean and/or Six Sigma training and/or experience preferred. Leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of an ERP system preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Skills in assisting internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Knowledge of planning techniques and capacity levels.
- Knowledge of material requirement planning (MRP).
- Knowledge of manufacturing cycles and inventory control.
- Knowledge of inventory system and lot numbering system.
- Knowledge of workflow and scheduling.
- Skills in decision-making.
- Skills in computer proficiency and Excel.
- Skills in data analysis.
- Skills in math.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)