Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The role of this Associate Scientist position is to provide cell culture process and technology development support for gene therapy portfolio programs. We are seeking candidates with a bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry, or molecular biology, and have a working knowledge in mammalian cell culture, bioreactors, and basic techniques in molecular biology. This position requires the design and execution of experiments using a variety of cell culture technologies and working with other colleagues to execute complex studies and to perform data analysis. The successful candidate will work with a team of scientists from diverse functional areas to enable the delivery of life-changing gene therapy medicine to patients.
- The Associate Scientist applicant will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role.
- This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on developing and optimizing cell culture processes for recombinant proteins and biological macromolecules for early- and late-phase clinical trials.
- He/She will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable cell culture strategies for clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- The job function requires judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures. Responsibilities will include conducting experiments, tests, analyses as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, pilot plant and manufacturing upstream studies.
- The Associate Scientist will be expected to summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the performance of current platform processes.
- This position will support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and innovative research.
- This position will be expected to prepare internally reviewed technical reports, and make oral presentations to scientists and management.
- The successful candidate must be able to endorse change to business infrastructure to ensure pipeline, legacy and technology success.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a biological or engineering discipline (chemical engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, or equivalent) required.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in laboratory research, preferably in recombinant protein expression, process development, and/or bioprocess manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in transferring biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations, and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus.
- A working knowledge in mammalian cell culture is required.
- Strong statistical analysis and computer skills are desirable.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel to vendor, Pfizer or contract manufacturing/research sites may be required.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: November 6, 2017
This job is Pfizer Exempt US Grade: 2
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus