Sr Information Manager, Dictionary and Data Management
This position sits within the Dictionary and Data Management Solutions (DDMS) Team within Information Management - Clinical Trial Solutions. This role will support the Center of Excellence (CoE) and their partners including Data Management and Monitoring (DM&M), Clinical Trial Process and Quality (CTPQ), Clinical Programming, and Business Technology (BT) to deliver integrated process, technology and information strategies for DDMS.
- Serve as business lead on the implementation and management of systems and support processes that deliver a high ROI to DDMS and its partners using industry standard methodologies.
- Champion cross-functional broad and strategic initiatives and solutions that can be applied to enhance existing solutions or to the introduction of new systems or processes.
- Consult across DDMS and its partners on all aspects of information use, including retrieval,analysis, integration, organization and management.
- Draw on broad knowledge of existing solutions and interrelationships to provide ad-hoc consulting on DDMS and enterprise-wide projects as required.
- Support information management solutions novel to the pharmaceutical industry such as eSource.
- Proactively assess the information needs of DDMS and seek out novel approaches to meetthose needs by enhancing, developing, or proposing solutions.
- Determine procedural and technical system needs, and then develop approach to meeting those needs with client groups and Business Technology.
- Support development plus implementation of procedures and communication strategies,qualitative and quantitative measurement of processes, and recommendations for continuous
- Oversee and develop documentation: user requirements, functional requirements, useracceptance testing strategy and scripts, procedures/best practice guides, and information needed to create training material.
- Develop and deliver process & system training.
- Coordinate and oversee vendors across various support needs (e.g., Tier 1 support services, user access, etc)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a scientific discipline required
* At least 5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry including substantial systems implementation and support activities.
- Proven experience in use, leading business facing implementations and/or support of data management systems such as Oracle Clinical, InForm, Data Management Workbench
- Knowledge/understanding of technologies to support clinical trials, familiarity with software development lifecycle; strong understanding of the state-of the-art technologies to evaluate and leverage them into improved business processes for worldwide deployment and adoption.
- Thorough understanding of the processes associated with clinical study management, data management, and regulatory operations
- Demonstrated project management skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills in relating to colleagues and associates both inside and outside the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical development process including in depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of GCP
* Proven ability to define clear, streamlined processes for technologies supporting clinical trials
* Understand customers and stakeholders and adapt messages appropriately
* Proven ability to communicate difficult messages to various levels within the organization.
* Ability to make complex decisions that require choosing between multiple options
* Ability to work in ambiguous situations within the team to identify and resolve complex problems
* Works independently and receives instruction primarily in unusual situations
* Ability to organize tasks, time and priorities of self and others; ability to multi-task
- Pfizer US Exempt grade 11
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.