Associate Director, Global Medical Content Lead
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit EastPosition Summary
Demonstrates strong scientific expertise within assigned therapeutic area(s) and strategically leads planning and execution for global medical content deliverables across a global matrix organization. Builds strong cross-functional and global relationships and regularly engages with key stakeholders to understand internal and external customer content needs and priorities. Accountable for the development, review and approval of global medical content deliverables including but not limited to medical information responses and medical slide decks. Ensures clear, accurate, scientifically rigorous and timely communication of scientific data, aligned with data dissemination and medical plans, to facilitate informed healthcare decision making, globally. Furthermore, identifies opportunities to evolve and expand content types to facilitate innovative and dynamic scientific interactions, through personal and non-personal communication channels.
Responsible for leading or participating in various departmental and cross-functional initiatives to enhance organizational efficiencies and/or execute against disease/product strategy. Supports the growth and development of colleagues through collaboration on assigned projects, training and mentoring. Responsible for managing vendors as well as annual budget within assigned therapeutic area(s) to ensure delivery of high quality and timely medical communications.
- Develops expert understanding of assigned therapeutic area(s) and product(s) through ongoing assessment of relevant published literature, internal resources and data, and through relationships with internal experts.
- Responsible for developing global medical communication plans within assigned therapeutic area(s) inclusive of communication gaps, strategies, deliverables and priorities, and ensures optimal execution of plan.
- Builds strong collaborations with global/regional/local Medical Affairs and Global Scientific Communications teams to ensure alignment of global medical communication plans with medical affairs and data dissemination (publication, congress) plans.
- Partners with global/regional/local medial customer facing colleagues (Medical Information, Field-based Medical) to regularly assess customer inquiry trends and medical customer insights, and intimately understand customer needs for scientific information and diverse content types (e.g., infographics, multimedia, interactive pdfs, etc.); aligns communication plans accordingly.
- Leverages global, regional, local affiliate input and medical customer insights to inform development of specific content deliverables, to increase relevance/applicability of content and eliminate redundancies in resource utilization/number of deliverables.
- Partners with Global Medical Channels Lead to identify mechanisms to enhance the format and delivery of clinical and scientific data through multiple customer engagement channels.
- Responsible for the development, review and approval of various medical content deliverables including global medical information response documents, global medical affairs slide decks, product-related Q&As, and content for medical learning purposes. Ensures accuracy, currency, and scientific balance of content, in keeping with established policies and procedures.
- Able to search, critically evaluate, synthesize, and package scientific data in meaningful formats to facilitate information exchange through multiple personal and non-personal communication channels.
- Actively contributes to discussions regarding data dissemination and communication in various cross-functional sub-teams and forums to ensure appropriate input and awareness of global medical communication plans.
- Applies project, financial and vendor management skills to manage project timelines, annual budget for assigned therapeutic area(s), and oversee vendors, to ensure quality and timely communications, in keeping with allocated resources and budget.
- As applicable, partners with relevant alliances to ensure alignment on communication strategies, plans and deliverables.
- Drives decisions that affect the overall workload, strategies, functional capabilities, and operations of the assigned therapeutic team. Helps to establish the long range goals and objectives for the Global Medical Content and Channels team, including process improvements, resources, policies and procedures.
- As applicable, creates and implements departmental SOPs necessary to achieve organizational objectives and for complying with government regulations and company policy.
- As applicable, contributes to the design and development of relevant tools and technologies to drive the quality development and publishing of medical content, globally.
- Participates in mentoring, coaching and training of new and existing colleagues. Serves as a role-model for junior team members and provides them with strategic and technical/functional guidance.
- Aware of current trends within the industry and ensures the sharing of best practices across the Global Medical Communications and Learning department. Proactively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to advance the operations of the Global Medical Content and Channels team.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts business in accordance with Celgene Values.
- Completes all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adheres to job-specific SOPs and work instructions.
- Identifies and reports any adverse events (AEs) in accordance with Corporate policy and procedures.
- Conducts/assists in the overall training of new Global Medical Content and Channels personnel and students in graduate experiential programs to ensure key activities are incorporated as part of the training.
- Dedicated to continuous learning to broaden therapeutic area knowledge and pharmaceutical industry acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, influence and collaborate across functions and geographies.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute medical plans that are aligned with strategies across the organization.
- Demonstrates flexibility, positive attitude, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects effectively.
- Self-motivated with exceptional follow through; must be able to work with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in MS office applications; familiarity with electronic referencing databases.
- Some travel required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.