Global Medicines Development - Transformation Leader: Finance
At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're demonstrating we are a new kind of organisation, resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can do and following the science. We're continually exploring new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge approaches and bringing diverse teams together to deliver exceptional results which are changing the way diseases are treated.
At AstraZeneca, we don't follow the crowd and we don't expect our people to either. To develop life-changing medicines and make a difference to patients we approach problems in a different way - agile and nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries and accelerate the development and launch of new medicines.
Global Medicines Development is one of the largest organisation in AstraZeneca with 4300 employees, working in more than 40 countries globally.
We started our transformation journey in 2016, launching a new operating model to optimize our drug development activities, which is already achieving significant benefits, including simpler, streamlined ways of working and productivity improvements.
Now we are further accelerating our transformation efforts to ensure we leverage the best in new technology and leading-edge capabilities to keep us at the forefront of future drug development.
The transformation programme is sponsored by the Chief Medical Officer of AstraZeneca and will change the way we run late stage programmes, with high visibility across senior leaders in AstraZeneca
To support this, we are establishing a GMD Transformation Office to drive the programme of work.
The GMDTransformation - Finance Lead will have financial oversight for the programme and report directly to VP GMD Transformation, to make sure business cases across workstreams are of high quality, benefit realization is delivered, through identification to delivery and investment costs are forecasted and then tracking to agreed levels
Key priorities within this role include:
- Provide financial leadership for the programme.
- Work with workstream leads to agree with sponsors benefit for each element and establish KPIs on how to monitor benefit realisation to support GMDLT SET and Board presentations on the programme.
- Provide FP&A Financial Planning and Analysis for the programme.
- Ensure financial oversight of the programme, to stay within budget and to deliver the benefits.
- Review current data/system landscape across R&D, for R&D cost information and activity drivers.
- Review and improve design solution with key stakeholders, including proof of concept.
- Identify changes required, resources, timing and other costs to be included in the solution within workstreams.
- Drive implementation and updates to key stakeholders (including main AstraZeneca global CFO).
- Lead communications, share success stories and learnings.
- Recruit and establish finance roles.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Recognised accountancy/finance qualification.
Consultancy background an advantage.
Receptive to change with a desire to continuously improve processes and output.
Communication skills are key, along with the ability to influence stakeholders of all levels.
Extensive Finance experience at a senior level.
Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organizational diversity.
Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy.
Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Strong bias for action and results.
Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law