Job Description / Capsule
Reporting to Director of Transparency Reporting, on the US Medical Affairs Contract Operations and Reporting team. The Operations Specialist will manage technical aspects of projects and associated risks in support of Open Payment/ HCP Spend Transparency/ Aggregate Spend and other global reporting requirements. The role will also be responsible for providing purchasing support related to management of POs and invoices.
A successful candidate will conducts administrative tasks to ensure accuracy and completeness of requirements and will provide guidance to management and peers with regard to transparency reporting processes.
- Responsible for data capture, tracking, and physician payment reporting requirements for Open Payments, EFPIA and other relevant states and countries
- Creates and manages reportable and non-reportable purchase orders (POs) on behalf of US Medical Affairs staff using the Ariba iBuy purchasing system.
- Manages collection of transparency reporting information from both internal departments and external vendors/suppliers.
- Assists in determination on completeness and accuracy of records and maintenance of up-to-date documentation to support risk mitigation efforts.
- Works with vendors to ensure timely and accurate invoicing standards.
- Works with accounts payable to resolve payment issues and ensure accuracy in payment processing.
- Work with activity owners to collect transfers of value that do not involve a purchase order (via ASPEN Date Entry Tool)
- May conduct selected monitoring activities, and provide operational/project support for auditing, investigations and assurance reporting.
- Collects information regarding reportable transfers of value provided to US HCPs, such as, study drug, journal reprints and medical writing support.
- Conducts QA/QC analysis for thoroughness, timeliness and accuracy of data captured in AZ's HCP Aggregate Spend (ASPEN) Application.
- Assist with investigations related to Disputes & Resolution
- Assist with the creation and/or modification of relevant business processes and procedures
- May provide administrative budget activities in ATLAS on behalf of activity owners, as needed.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with the technical and functional elements of requirements including but not limited to compliance, legislation (e.g., Physician Payment Sunshine Act, EFPIA), data sources/quality, and reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust workload as business needs require.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others.
- Good secondary education qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of US Federal, State, and Corporate Integrity reporting requirements as relevant to Medical Affairs activities.
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or a related industry.
- Strong technical / systems experience and skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and work within AZ administrative tools.
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion.
- Provide technical/system (iSave, iBuy, ASPEN) guidance and direction to colleagues and vendors.
- Maintain the department trackers in Excel, Access and/or SharePoint.
- Plan, develop and adjust work methods and procedures to optimize use of iSave, SAP, iBuy, ASPEN applications.
System Applications to be used include
- Ariba iBuy
- Ariba iSave
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Excel
- ASPEN Invoicing
- ASPEN Admin
- ASPEN Data Entry