Field Sales Specialist, Life Science Instruments, Midwest Region
(Chicago, Il, Indianapolis, IN, St. Louis, MO and Michigan)
Are you a motivated and successful Field Sales Representative, or have biology lab bench experience with aptitude and motivation for technical sales?
Do you thrive on actively driving life science product sales in competitive situations?
Do you live near a major airport in IL, IN, MO or MI area, or willing to relocate (with partial assistance) to such a location?
If yes, keep reading…
Analytik Jena US is seeking a highly motivated and skillful instrument sales pro to handle sales in the Midwest region.
Midwest Region: ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, & KY.
Our customers include: research laboratories, pharma, government laboratories, production/quality control and biotech companies.
This position will be based out of successful candidate’s Midwest based home-office, in an area with a concentration of our Life Science product line activity and easy access to a major airport, preferably: Chicago, IL or other major hub of activity IN, MO or MI.
- Work closely with distribution channel partners to ensure lead generation and sales growth
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective and current customers
- Demonstrate imaging Real-Time QPCR systems, including demo of hardware and software features
- Identify best system and configuration for customer needs
- Address competitive challenges
- Install equipment, conduct training; ensure post-sale customer support and satisfaction
- Achieve sales goals
- Provide accurate and timely feedback and reports to management
- Answering customer and sales team questions and troubleshooting regarding Real-Time QPCR applications and imaging systems
- Handle sales process from start to finish, including, prospecting, product demonstration, negotiation, follow-up and closing the sale
- Manage sales activities and travel schedule
- Arrange customer visits to demonstration lab(s) in Midwest territory
- Majority of weekday will be in the field, with estimated weekday overnight travel of 40-50%, based on Chicago, IL location
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Biology or related science (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineering or other related), or equivalent experience, including lab bench experience in a research laboratory
- Preferred 2 years successfully selling capital equipment preferred, life science instruments into academic, government, pharma and/or bio-tech accounts;
- Will consider training motivated candidate with lab or other related background, plus technical skills and sales aptitude
- Ability to lift, move and setup equipment in 60-80 lb range
- Computer proficiency, including aptitude to learn application specific software and firmware
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude with superb interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and groups, including customers, distribution partners and company staff in all departments
- Work well in individual and team selling environment. including working with distribution partners
Comp package includes competitive Base (DOE) + Quarterly Commissions, package *Uncapped, escalating tier commissions and bonus paid quarterly, company vehicle, equipment and expenses, plus excellent benefits, including: 401(k) match, medical, dental, Life & Disability insurance.
When applying, send resume, plus cover letter or note highlighting 3 specific reasons your background and/or accomplishments make you a strong candidate for this position.