Associate Medical Director / Medical Director, Clinical Research
This position will be responsible for conduct and oversight of an early stage program in multiple myeloma and will report to an Executive Director in Clinical Research. The successful candidate will be a scientific and medical resource within the Clinical Research department at Seattle Genetics, functioning as the primary medical monitor for a phase 1 clinical trial and contributing to other early stage clinical studies.
Contribute to the strategic development of clinical programs
- Development of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Lead clinical study teams and provide appropriate medical monitoring for clinical studies
- Evaluation of safety, pharmacology, and efficacy data from ongoing and completed studies
- Prepare manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings and advisory boards.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries to support clinical development programs
- Medical resource for design and interpretation of clinical and preclinical programs to support existing and new development candidates
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Demonstrates a passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Has a collaborative style with internal company leadership, external development partners and investigators/medical professionals
- Is a team player, works well in a team environment both as a leader and a key contributor
- Has a global perspective and mindset, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
- MD or MD/PhD
- Clinical oncology experience; Board certification in oncology or hematology preferred
- 2-5 years industry experience in oncology drug development preferred
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.