Scientist, Chemistry, Analytical R&D
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The qualified candidate will join the Analytical R&D organization to enable development of biological therapeutics in Pearl River, NY. Within Analytical R&D, the candidate will join the Project Progression & Biochemistry Group focused on ADCs/monoclonal antibodies/vaccines/nano particles and other biological modalities. This group develops analytical methodologies and strategies needed to progress biotherapeutic products in the pipeline; this includes method development, process support, formulation and stability support, product characterization and method qualification.
The candidate will be responsible for performing various scientific tasks related to project deliverables with moderate supervision. The candidate is responsible for generating high quality data in support of other business lines in ARD using core analytical methodologies (such as HPLC and CE) for biological molecules, reviewing others experiments and data, and documenting data/results according to applicable compliances including authoring documentation.
- The qualified colleague is responsible for developing, troubleshooting and applying a variety of analytical methodologies to a broad range of biotherapeutics from early to late stage projects.
- The candidate is responsible for becoming proficient in a breadth of analytical methodologies including HPLC for proteins and small molecules, electrophoresis (ie. SDS-PAGE, iCE, and CGE), and some Compendial test methods.
- The candidate must work within corporate guidelines and must appropriately record, archive, tabulate, interpret, report, and review data.
- The ability to resolve scientific, technical, operational or business problems by extrapolating from previous work, standard methods and literature observations or by consulting with others appropriately is required.
- The candidate must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Accountable for completing the assigned tasks and communicate aberrant results in a timely manner.
- Complete required reports/documentation in support of regulatory filings.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a B.S with 5 or more years of experience or M.Sc. degree with 2-5 years of experience in biochemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline, working with biological molecules using an array of analytical methodologies.
- Knowledge in protein biochemistry and analytical chemistry, and experience using some or all of the following techniques: HPLC, CE, and/ or peptide mapping for analysis of biologics.
- Other technical skills preferred: GC, UV-vis spectroscopy, mass spectrometry
- Industrial experience and an understanding of the drug development process are desired.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability in working in a team-based, fast-past environment is required.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: November 3, 2017
This job is Pfizer Exempt US Grade: 6
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus