Executive Assistant - Research
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, RESEARCH
Reporting to Senior Vice President of Research, the Executive Assistant provides high level of general administration and contract support to GBT’s research team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with senior-level executives and scientific staff as well as external parties such as Key Opinion Leaders, Scientific Advisors, partners, and vendors providing all aspects of administrative support
- Coordinates GBT’s contract administration process in order to ensure that contracts are properly executed, distributed, and filed
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals
- May prepare scientific presentation materials
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies
- Manage and maintain calendars
- Coordinate travel
- Manage all aspects of on-site and off-site meetings including logistics, confidentiality agreements, honorarium requests, agenda preparation and if appropriate, attendee lodging and travel
- Prepare reports, other documents using spreadsheets, databases, or presentation software
- Maintain scientific documents, records, and reports
- Provide back-up as needed to the Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Manage Research team calendar, coordinate related conference registrations and logistics, track abstract deadlines for major meetings, assist with abstract submission, and provide audio/visual support for oral conference presentations.
- Manage the review process for research documents and new publications including meeting abstracts
- Draft agendas for internal research team meetings and in partnership with the Executive Assistant/Office manager coordinate monthly company-wide lunch & learn
- Prepare agendas and meeting materials, and send out materials
- Document action items from meetings
- Perform special projects as requested
- Organize stakeholder meetings with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Scientific Advisors, potential & current partners
- At least 5 years of progressively advancing administrative experience supporting executive level scientific managers and teams
- Proficiency with scientific manuscript submission and grant application processes.
- Contract administration and process management experience with biotech/pharmaceutical organization
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong service and results-orientation
- Excellent Planning skills
- Professional and mature
- College degree or equivalent experience
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.