Senior Scientist – Immunodiagnostics
SILVER LAKE RESEARCH is a leading developer and manufacturer of antibodies and immunoassay test kits for a variety of applications. The Company’s core technology, the EAPtm System, is a proprietary immunization system which allows the generation of high-affinity MAbs for the most difficult, ”non-immunogenic” targets. SLRC produces unique antibodies and immunoassays for its own products as well as for our partners – biopharmaceutical companies, diagnostics companies, academia, and government/military customers. To learn more about Silver Lake Research and its products and services, please visit our websites at www.silverlakeresearch.com.
We are an innovative, fast-growing biotechnology company offering the right individual a great opportunity for rapid advancement.
Currently, SLRC is seeking a specialist in immunoassay development. The position centers on the design and development of lateral flow immunoassay test kits for a wide variety of applications. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of new LFA tests and other immunoassays
- Troubleshooting and optimization of existing tests and products
- Writing and editing of manufacturing SOPs
- Communication and collaboration with other SLRC teams and customers
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in immunology, solid understanding of the principles of immunoassays, proven problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both independently and in teams. Specifically, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Solid background in the theory and practice of immunoassay techniques
- Direct experience with lateral flow assays preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in immunoassays / immunology / microbiology
- Experience with antibody / protein purification and modification preferred
- Strong organizational, record-keeping, and lab management skills
- Computer literacy and strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with QSR / ISO / cGMP and regulatory issues and practices a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
We desire a creative, flexible, and innovative scientist capable of inventive problem solving.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national. We do not sponsor foreign citizens to receive work visas or permanent residency. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.