Associate Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing
Other Locations:US- CA- San Diego
The Epigenetics Center of Excellence at Celgene is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join the group. He/she will support drug discovery projects focused on epigenetic targets, primarily in oncology. Specifically, the candidate will prepare libraries for next generation sequencing (NGS), operate NGS equipment, and assist in performing assays including Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS), Whole Genome Bisulfite Sequencing (WGBS), ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, mRNA-seq, total RNA-seq, and single cell RNA-seq.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Independently operate and maintain NGS equipment.
- Prepare libraries for sequencing studies.
- Develop, trouble-shoot, and optimize sequencing protocols.
- Assist in the design and execution of WGS, WGBS, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, mRNA-seq, total RNA-seq, and single cell RNA-seq experiments.
- Accurately maintain written reports and organize data.
- Present projects in team, department, and project review meetings.
- Independently review current literature pertaining to NGS technology, oncology, epigenetics, and related assays.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 6 years work experience or Master's degree with at least 4 years work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of current NGS technology.
- Experience in library preparation.
- Experience in operating and maintaining NGS equipment (Illumina preferred).
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques including real time PCR, WGS, WGBS, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, mRNA-seq, total RNA-seq, and single cell RNA-seq is a plus.
- Highly motivated, capable of multitasking, intense attention to detail, and innovative.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills.