Site Operations Learning Lead
Americas Operations Learning Lead
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Site Operations Learning Leadin Newark, DE, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Process owner for Site Learning and Development process and Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring the process is performing in a manner that achieves Site regulatory compliance (GMP/SOX/SHE) and business needs in a sustainable fashion
- Participating member of Americas Region Learning Community of Practice
- Site interface for LMS to Documentation Management System connectors
- Direct, active involvement in key site projects as appropriate to ensure sufficiency of learning & change management activities.
- Participate in development and implementation of site culture improvement initiatives.
- Broker appropriate resources from skill centers in Operations and in AZ that will provide the appropriate support to the site in the areas of team training, leadership Learning, and change management related to training.
- Develop and deliver some training content dependent on their area of expertise
- Manage systems to ensure training profiles are kept updated, knowledge and skill gaps are identified, and training compliance against site goals is effectively monitored.
- Create and manage LMS role framework and role assignments in AZLearn based on structure determined by Learning Management and Site process owners and area leaders
- Interface with HR and IS/IT teams to ensure the successful transfer of data from interfaced systems (Workday, Fieldglass and TDMS). Monitor training compliance of non-resident contractors and non-Newark employees who have card access.
- Conduct audits of LMS to monitor consistency and accuracy of roles, entries, re-certifications, and compliance against site goals, as well as address and escalate inconsistency - including assisting with LMS validation change controls and upgrade activities.
- Serve as site interface for inter-site & regulatory agency (FDA, MHRA, Safety, Environment, etc) questions and requests for data involving the learning process, learning effectiveness, learning management system and training documentation
- Establish, measure and report on learning and training KPI's.
- Interface with Technical Document Analyst's to ensure successful data transfer of SOPs with TDMS system. Advise and implement assessment submission for SOP revisions. This includes, working collaboratively with SOP authors and developing assessment standards for LMS submission in a timely manner.
- Assist SOP Authors with information gathering for SOP submission. This includes giving guidance with training curriculums for “right the first time” with training requirements for change form submissions.
- Provide LMS system support and guidance as necessary for site managers who have a need to run routine reports.
- Provide training, leadership, and coaching for local departmental LMS administrators
- Act as internal consultant to Site leaders, coaching them in their goals to determine learning needs, training strategies, and continuous improvement focus for their organizations.
- Lead and maintain a network of cross site department resources to ensure Learning processes are effective, efficient and meet AZ compliance requirements.
- Facilitate the coordination and scheduling of site resources for cross-functional and site wide learning events.
- Gather KPI information and draft reports and visual controls that effectively display learning performance information.
- Manage the storage and retrieval of paper-training records in accordance with regulatory and AstraZeneca record retention policies. Stay abreast of new technologies and trends in the fields of learning and human performance improvements.
- Fully participating member of the Operational Excellence group for development, awareness of appropriate learning tools and techniques, and sharing of best practices
- Member of a network of Operations Learning Managers across the Americas Region to ensure Strategic alignment and consistent approach and application of Learning strategy and in use of technology, process and tactics as required
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a team development/organizational design/training discipline (e.g., education, instructional design, instructional technology, human performance improvement (HPI), organization design)
- 3 or more years experience in a learning & development, training or related field in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or related environment.
- Experience administering and working in a learning management system (LMS)
- A working knowledge of Lean and 6 sigma
- Effective communication, presentation, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory, instructional design and a variety of learning methodologies.
- Experience in the design, development, and assessment of training programs.
- Demonstrated internal consulting skills and experience facilitating & providing feedback at all levels from shop floor to site leaders.
- Good project management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform well in a team-based environment.
- Strong working knowledge of cGMP's and Safety, Health and Environmental regulations.
- Ability to interpret strategic objectives (corporate, site, and functional area) and convert to practical work processes.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Degree in a learning management/ training/team development/organizational design discipline with 5 or more years of direct management/supervisory experience
- 5 years experience in a technical/production environment (ie. formulation / packing / laboratory / facilities, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain principles and external relationship management
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.