At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Administrative Coordinator, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
As an Administrative Coordinator you'll support senior level individuals within the IT department and provide broader department support to several directors/managers. Representative tasks include project management of functional activities, representing them in communication/responses to various stakeholders, end-to-end travel arrangements, booking meetings, maintaining documentation, establishing systems and structures for day-to-day functioning of their responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond on behalf of the Director/Manager to different stakeholders maintaining high professional standards while meeting conflicting needs
- Arrange travel for Director/Manager
- Extensive Calendar Management
- Interact appropriately with all levels of the organization
- Respond to more complex or escalated enquiries
- Answer or redirect routine enquiries from internal or external sources.
- Accurately type, format, and proof read a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software.
- Manage end-to-end Purchase Orders
- Provide specialist project based administrative support when required
- Coordinate internal and external meetings / conferences so that they run smoothly, including scheduling meeting times, make travel arrangements for attendees, and ensure that various meeting amenities are available
- Perform other administrative tasks using independent judgement and discretion
- Prepare documents, presentation materials and official information releases and distributes to required stakeholders
- Plan, organize, and schedule own workload through system maintenance so that all activities are completed accurately and on time
- Support team members through temporary/short term heavy workloads
- Provide backfill support to Directors/Managers during short-term absences such as holidays, etc.
- Train new and temporary administrative employees
- Work with team on miscellaneous administrative projects
- Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience
- Prior AC Experience
- Ability to know when to make Executive decisions without approval
- Ability to follow processes
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work globally
- Specialist knowledge in relation to administrative/business support activities in the relevant area
- Competent in the use of relevant office equipment and systems
- Experience of a variety of software/systems
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Thorough understanding of the local organization, and extensive knowledge of how local business processes interface to other relevant processes and information systems.
- Create and maintain systems for efficiency for both self and others
- Customer service skills
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.