Health Business Systems Analyst (NCI)
The Occupational Health Services (OHS) program at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research at the National Cancer Institute at Frederick provides comprehensive professional occupational health nursing care to employees working in general offices, industrial shops, experimental research laboratories, and animal care environments. Work is performed within the clinic providing occupational, urgent and emergency post exposure to biological, chemical, radiation exposures.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES-THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING APPROVAL
Health Business Systems Analyst
The health systems business analyst is responsible for managing all aspects of IT systems for the Environment, Safety, Health’s Occupational Health Services clinic. The clinic manages all aspects of occupational health, wellness, medical surveillance, injury management, and a research donor program for the FNLCR and NCI at Frederick community. The analyst will be responsible for application configuration, safety and nursing staff training, application upgrade management, selection and testing of new applications, and interfacing with business partners to include system architects, vendors, and other IT service providers, both as a team member for new projects and as a liaison between the nursing staff and IT service providers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in health science, nursing, science, or computer-science related degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education).
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to the education requirements, a minimum of 6 years of experience in implementing electronic health records applications
- Thorough knowledge of HIPAA and handling of PHI
- Experience with modern, web-based applications from a user interface and capability perspective
- Experience developing system security plans and strategies
- Experience with structured deployment environments and associated best practices (development, testing, production)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Professional Experience working as Business Analyst: requirements management, analysis of alternatives, COTS evaluation and implementation in a health care environment.
- Experience working with NIST-based security framework
- Experience with SaaS and other Cloud deployment
- Experience with relational databases, SQL
- Data Modeling
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proficient written and oral skills and communications with protect team members and application users.