Director, Market Access
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron is looking for an Associate Director/Director(s) of U.S. Market Access Strategy for the inflammation and immunology (I&I) therapeutic areas. This individual must be able to develop and implement product launch strategies and tactics to secure and maintain optimal coverage and reimbursement for specialty biologic treatments.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the development of a price and contracting strategy, cost effectiveness modeling, payer value proposition/messaging, stakeholder engagement plan, channel distribution strategy, patient and physician services integration, advocacy and public affairs alignment. Responsibilities also include working closely with marketing and product development leads to provide input for clinical trial design.
With support from a market access agency and alliance partner, the Associate Director/Director will lead the design, execution, and testing of the market access pre-launch unbranded campaign. The selected candidate(s) will also be responsible for the development, testing and training of payer account executive launch materials along with securing internal approvals from internal review committees.
Duties include co-leading a market access cross-functional team consisting of representatives from marketing, health outcomes, medical, market research, trade, account management, etc. to achieve market access goals and ensure strategic alignment.
The Regeneron commercial team prides itself on creating a talented and collaborative cross-functional environment. As a U.S. market access leader of I&I, the candidate(s) will work closely with global counterparts and contribute to ex-U.S. informational exchanges, project collaborations and annual business planning.
* Develop the U.S. market access strategy for I&I assigned assets which may include indications for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Atopic Dermatitis or Asthma
* Work closely with alliance market access partners and cross-functional stakeholders to develop, align and implement the U.S. annual strategic and tactical business plan assigned indications
* Co-lead the U.S. Market Access cross-functional team which consists of brand marketing, medical, HEOR, pricing & contracting, trade, account management, advocacy, public policy and other functions to align payer insights, develop access strategy/tactics and implement business plans to achieve access goals
* Lead the development and implementation of pre-launch and launch initiatives including the value and access dossier, field training, customer promotional material, pull through programs, and other market access support tactics
* Manage promotional budgets, and develop metrics to measure ROI against key initiatives
* Contribute to strategic direction of the therapeutic area through active participation at senior levels to determine U.S. strategies for assets and disease areas
* Keep abreast of the trends of the pricing, reimbursement and market access landscape, and develop proactive strategies in anticipation of these trends
* Recommend and manage various market access research initiatives, collect and integrate payer/market insights to inform brand strategy; specifically reimbursement trends, competitive landscape, and therapeutic category utilization management approaches
* Work in collaboration with market research, pricing lead and HEOR to conduct quantitative and qualitative research to recommend a pricing strategy
* Understand, analyze and demonstrate the clinical, economic and social value of assigned product indications to payers, decision-makers and influencers
* Develop appropriate programs, tools, and communication materials to effectively address payers' needs to render informed coverage decisions, as well as overall approach to therapeutic class management.
* In coordination with market research and HEOR, develop strategic studies with the end customer in mind to ensure that the results -when positive- will favorably impact pricing, reimbursement and market access as well as market uptake
* Effectively translate results of health economics and other research into clear and concise messages for specific internal and external audience consumption that highlight the value of specific products and applications
* Develop field-level data tools, analytic capabilities and pull-through efforts to enhance local business planning and execution effectiveness
* Bachelor's Degree, minimum
* MBA/MHA or other graduate level program preferred
* 10 or more years of pharmaceutical industry experience to include 5-7 years of market access and/or payer marketing assignments required
* Experience in working with an alliance partner a plus
* Deep understanding of and ability to navigate the current and evolving pharmaceutical payer environment in the U.S. key
* Experience in specialty products and specialty pharmacy distribution preferred
* Specialty product Launch experience preferred
* Experience in patient and / or physician support services a plus
* Knowledge of national and regional payer decision makers a plus
* Strong leadership skills and ability to influence internal and affiliate decision makers required
* Very good communication skills, both oral and written, essential
* Excellent analytical and financial skills needed
* Capable of understanding complex scientific and clinical material needed
* Entrepreneurial spirit, mission oriented, team approach and focus on patient needs are expected
* The assignment is located in Tarrytown NY
* Travel may be between 20% - 30%
* At times international travel may be required
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.