Executive Director, Systems Immunology
This role will lead a group of senior leaders in the computational biology, molecular profiling, cytometric profiling and external alliances disciplines to provide insights on targets and our portfolio.
This role will also build a systems immunology function through integration of the numerous related constituents of the system such as high-resolution data generation as well as mathematical and computational tools to facilitate data driven decision making by capitalizing on internal and external expertise and data from projects, partner-lines (GST, ECD, Clin. Pharm.), collaborations and alliances.
- Lead a matrixed forum across I&I and partner lines to enable timely delivery to projects and disease areas as well as efficient resource allocation of computational and experimental resources.
- Overall responsibility to drive, implement and apply strategies spanning from early target validation to Phase II clinical development in the rapidly expanding landscape of NGS-based molecular applications as well as cytometric profiling within the I&I research unit.
- Focuses on delivering immunophenotyping data and advanced analytics to support RU portfolio programs and applying breaking science to product concepts, so advancing medical treatment of disorders of diseases in TA scope
- Accountable for the FACS and NGS technology centers at Pfizer's Cambridge campus supporting all research units
- Accountable for implementing a reproducible, client friendly analysis platform for data generated by these technology centers
- Represents the research unit at the WRD Data Strategy Committee
- May champion research programs, from FIH to Phase II that will offer demonstrably better medicines for the treatment of diseases within the scope of the TA strategy.
* Defines strategic priorities in the area of data systems and opportunities; identifies new business opportunities pertaining to data; represents data as a strategic business asset at the
leadership team level; deliver increased value from use and reuse of data by developing and applying innovative computational methods
* Leader of leader of a team of scientists in the fields of in silico biology, ensuring scientific excellence in the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of findings in the context of applied research.
* Business responsibility for determining what kinds of information the enterprise will choose to capture, retain and exploit (and for what purposes) including business intelligence, data integration, master data management and data processing.
* Focuses on delivering data to support R-TA programs and applying breaking science to product concepts, so advancing medical treatment of disorders of diseases
* Leader of leader of a team that utilizes data and information as an asset via data processing, analysis, data mining and data modeling
* Provides systems immunology plans to project teams and DPLs
* In close collaboration with peers, will contribute to mining/modeling databases to build an innovative portfolio of programs, from idea-to-FIH that will offer demonstrably better medicines for the treatment of diseases within the scope of the TA strategy.
* Coaches and mentors team members, to deliver high quality data and contribute to the advancement of the portfolio.
* Models a culture which identifies and champions not only internally generated hypotheses, but also external licensing opportunities; to deliver these medical advances in the areas of immunophenotyping and advanced data analysis.
- Catalyzes the identification and progression of investments, which further develop. molecular profiling, cytometric analysis, advanced analytics and bioinformatics skills and increase its contribution to drug discovery.
- Influences the global external environment through thought leadership and visible and active engagement with key scientific opinion leaders.
* Maximizes performance of and maximizes value generated by, team on annual basis
* Models culture which balances individual scientific excellence with efficient delivery of projects.
PhD degree in Life Sciences, or equivalent experience
* Strong working knowledge of project and portfolio progression, systems immunology and data acquisition and management, bioinformatics environment, and quantitative pharmacology modeling opportunities and developments
* Knowledge of competitive landscape and building successful collaborations.
* Experience of providing scientific leadership for projects in the pharmaceutical industry via a range of appropriate delivery routes
* Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience in pharmaceutical R&D
* Experience of leading leaders a team of scientists
* Record of delivery in defining cross- discipline scientific priorities
* Demonstrated innovation and the ability to apply knowledge, techniques and skills to build a new platform
* Strong record as a people leader with excellent supervisory skills
* Acknowledged internally and externally as a scientific leader
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
- This job is (Pfizer) (Exemptt) (US) Grade: 20
- Eligible for Relocation Package - Yes
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus -Yes