Administrative Coordinator, US Medical Affairs, Oncology
Provides full administrative support including calendar management, travel management, meetings/event management, procurement and recruiting management.
• Proficiency with Outlook in order to manage busy calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility. Have meetings catered as needed.
• Arrange multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements and expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken. Interact effectively and professionally with internal and external "clients" and with external visitors on behalf of supervisor.
• Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and Excel reports under normally tight time constraints.
• Prepare meeting agendas, presentation and read-ahead materials and minutes, maintain team contact lists, org. charts, manage the availability of office supplies. Handle telephone calls, including screening incoming calls and mail distribution.
• Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for supervisor and other team members. Provide general administrative support to Function (e.g., binder assembly, mailings).
• As appropriate, provide seamless coverage/assistance to other Administrative Assistants.
• Coordinate logistics with facility work orders
• Work with Vendors to help schedule meetings and help facilitate logistics.
• Facilitate work though contracting routes, to enable rapid SOW creation and project initiation along with purchase order creation, invoice resolution and other financial administration.
• Assist with administrative and logistical aspects related to recruitment of new employees (schedules interviews, coordinates on-boarding of new staff)
• Maintains awareness of new systems with potential impact on administrative work and develops personal expertise in new systems.
• Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Work with leaders to help prioritize work and realize efficiencies within the team.
• 6+ years of administrative support experience including at least 2 years at the executive support level required.
• Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm is desired. AZ/Medi experience is preferable.
• Must have strong writing and communication skills, and the ability to interact confidently. with executives and employees at all levels.
• Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
• Should be able to work autonomously, and at the same time, collaborate and partner effectively with other members of the administrative support community.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, in person and in writing.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
• Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
• Must be able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation