Capella Biosciences is an exciting company that leverages data and algorithms to solve hard problems in drug discovery, focusing on oncology and aging. We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Research Associate to contribute to these critical areas of need.
The research associate will work closely with the preclinical research team to perform in vitro cellular assays to validate targets and perform mechanism of action studies, which are critical in advancing drug discovery programs of the company. Under the guidance of the research director, this person will be involved in establishing and executing necessary experiments. In addition, the research associate will perform day-to-day lab maintenance and support.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required with a minimum of 2 years post degree research experience
- Must have 2+ years of experience with standard sterile tissue culture and cell biology techniques required for the routine handling and maintenance of primary and cancer cells
- Appropriate technical and scientific knowledge
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while also being able to follow directions
- Additional molecular biology and biochemistry skills are highly desirable