Field Application Specialist
At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Field Application Specialist for our US territory, to be based out of San Diego. The Field Application Specialist will provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, training, troubleshooting, and support of complex equipment and systems on all levels (hardware, biology and software). Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Install, maintain, train, troubleshoot and support equipment on all levels (hardware, software and applications).
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers. Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness
- Utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Operating manuals and etc.
- Assist in meeting/exceeding sales targets in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction. Actively promote and sell Field Application products.
- Give active Customer feedback to Sales, R&D and management
- Manage effective available time and resources
- Provide cross-border support when required
- Ability to lift greater than 70lb.
- Will require work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories.
- Requires good computer skills and ability to troubleshoot issues with the guidance of R&D.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot complex biology/instrument issues.
- MS or BS Biomedical/Biology or similar degree, preferably Automation experience or minimum of 4 years of application and support experience in a comparable position within the after sales service business in the life science market, or equivalent experience in application support and maintaining instrumentation in Life Sciences.
- Experience in installing, demonstrating and troubleshooting XYZ electromechanical instruments is required; experience with fluid handling robots a plus.
- Strong molecular biology background, knowledge of cloning, DNA synthesis technologies, antibody and or protein engineering workflows.
- Extensive travel required (up to 80%)
A sales or sales support history is a plus.