Associate Director/ Director Process Sciences
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Summary: Lead operational management and optimization within Process Sciences with long-term objective of operational efficiency. Participate and lead in operations projects within IOPS for department operations, cross-functional team management, process improvements, new technologies, technology transfer, and efficiency improvements. Serve as a primary contact for the cross-functional activities with IOPS, Tarrytown and external partners involving Process Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Act as a champion of operational efficiency and optimization within Process Sciences and IOPS, and identify areas of operational improvements to reduce errors and increase organizational / operational efficiency.
* Serve as point of contact between various departments within IOPS and with the external vendors to support manufacturing activities, for timely communication of data, and to facilitate internal technology transfers, process improvements and investigations.
* Handle and analyze large amounts of unstructured information and distill into easy-to-understand presentations and other documents.
* Involve the appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to answer detailed information requests and help troubleshoot unexpected process performance.
* Represent the group and Process Sciences department within IOPS and across REGN.
* Lead direct and indirect teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
*Ability to maintain integrity and honesty at all times
*Ability to communicate and lead with transparency
*Continuously drive to improve processes for improved performance
*Lead department for optimal performance and set course for future
*Accountable for performance and results of department
*Ability to influence outside of own department
*Create departmental goals and assign resources based on business needs
*Effectively communicate vision for department
*Evolving knowledge of global organization and industry trends
Education and Experience:
* BS in a technical area (Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biochemistry) required. Advanced degree preferred.
* 10 years of relevant progressive work experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry setting with focus on operations management and operational efficiency, or in strategy consulting with experience with operational strategy projects. Previous management experience required.
* Level to be determined based on experience.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.