Medical Outcomes Specialist, HQ Director
The Medical Outcomes Specialist (MOS) Director for Internal Medicine is responsible for supporting the MOS Organization in the development and execution of the MOS strategic and tactical plans supporting products in the Internal Medicine (IM) franchise of the Global Innovative Health (GIH) business unit.
- Develop MOS strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the Regional Medical Lead, headquarters medical affairs, Patient Health and Impact, Real World Data and Analytics, for the Portfolio Strategy Team , the, medical advisory teams (MATs), MOS Payer Health Trends and Channel (HTACs) teams, for products in the GIH internal medicine portfolio, as well as any above brand MOS tools needing development as assigned.
- Prepare MOS resource submissions to brand review committee (RC), medical review committee (MRC) or Payer Channel Access (PCA) review committee and attend all RC meetings where MOS materials are being reviewed
- Manage all back end processes required to produce and warehouse print based materials for MOS
- Upload all resources, and guidelines for use PROMOS Prime and Sharepoint for access by MOSs. Monitor expiration dates for approved materials and archive in accordance with legal guidance
- Ensure that MOS colleagues are appropriately trained on resources
- Assess use of resources with the MOS MAT teams
- Assess performance to plan monthly with MOS PSTs, HTACs and MAT teams
- Conduct advisory boards and qualitative research to inform strategy and tactical development including participant recruitment, discussion guide development, consultant contract development using Pfizer ENGAGE system and final report with recommendations
Required Training, Education, and capability:
- 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Clinical, formulary management, pharmacoeconomic and/or outcomes research experience
- Advanced degree and/or equivalent pharmacy practice experience.
- Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy or equivalent and US Pharmacy Licensure preferred
- Preferred Prior Experience:
- Experience developing or using medical outcomes specialist (MOS) resources
- Managed Care, Pharmaceutical Industry, and/or Quality Improvement
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Pharmacoeconomic and/or Outcomes Research
- Residency or Fellowship experience
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- NY Headquarters location preferred, will consider non NY location (50%) travel
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
- Pfizer Exempt US Grade 016
- Additional Location Information: NY Headquarters location preferred, will consider non NY location (50%) travel
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus