Altor BioScience is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and viral infections, based on its engineered cytokine technology platforms.
Altor is currently seeking a Research Assistant. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Purify recombinant proteins, fusion proteins and antibodies to support research projects
- Perform protein characterization studies using size exclusion chromatography, Western blot, SDS PGAE
- Perform purification process development at bench scale to support product pipeline
- To make buffers and reagents per SOP or per instructions. Keep all records in data record or in notebook.
- To perform basic analytical testing or other related experiments under the guidance of senior lab personnel, and keep all records data record or in notebook.
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance of small equipment such as pH meter and balances
- In charge of ordering general lab supplies/materials as required.
- To assist others in areas when needed.
This position will provide the opportunity to make visible contributions to a variety of R & D projects while interacting with a knowledgeable and dedicated multidisciplinary R & D team.
Qualifications : B. S. degree in biological sciences or chemistry with basic lab experience, good computer, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Basic knowledge of protein biochemistry, lab experience in various techniques of protein purification including affinity, ion exchange, gel filtration chromatography is a plus. The final job title is dependent on the qualification of the candidate.