Sutro Biopharma, Inc.
310 Utah Avenue
South San Francisco
About Sutro Biopharma, Inc.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. develops best-in-class antibody-drug conjugate and multi-specific antibody-based therapeutics for cancer therapy. Sutro’s discovery and development efforts are driven by the Xpress CF™ platform, a biochemical synthesis system that enables rapid and systematic evaluation of protein structure-activity relationships. Sutro’s make-test cycle for hundreds of protein variants, including those incorporating non-natural amino acids, takes approximately two weeks, enabling broader and deeper biologics discovery and development efforts than can be accomplished with current cell-based expression technologies. Sutro’s technology platform allows production of proteins by bypassing the cell completely, cutting the pre-clinical development period by several months and can be done on any scale in just 8-10 hours.
Once identified, production of protein drug candidates can be rapidly and predictably scaled in Sutro’s cGMP manufacturing facility located in San Carlos, CA. Importantly, Xpress CF™ was nominated for best scientific innovation by World ADC in 2014 and Sutro Biopharma was named one of FierceBiotech’s Fierce 15 in 2014.
In addition to developing its own drug pipeline, Sutro Biopharma is collaborating with select pharmaceutical and biotech companies to discover and develop novel therapeutics. Last year, Sutro partnered with both Celgene and EMD Serono. This second partnership with Celgene is a multi-year collaboration focused on immuno-oncology and is valued at over $1 Billion. In the agreement, Celgene has an exclusive option to acquire Sutro. The deal with EMD Serono is a $300M+ collaboration to discover and develop novel antibody-drug conjugates for several targets in the field of oncology.
• William J. Newell, JD, CEO
• Trevor Hallam, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer
• Ed Albini, Chief Financial Officer
• Henry Heinsohn, VP Development & Manufacturing
• Aaron Sato, PhD, VP Research
• Nicki Vasquez, PhD, VP Alliance/Project Management
123 articles with Sutro Biopharma, Inc.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. today announced that Chief Executive Officer, Bill Newell , will participate in two virtual investor conferences in June.
Sutro Biopharma Earns Milestone Payment from Bispecific Antibody-Drug Conjugate Collaboration with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. announced that it has received a milestone payment under its collaboration and license agreement with the healthcare division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, related to a patient enrollment achievement in the Phase 1 dose escalation and expansion study of M1231 in adult patients with metastatic solid tumors, including non-small cell lung cancer and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.
Several biotech executives provided their thoughts on lessons learned from the pandemic and what they hope or expect to see moving forward in the industry.
Sutro Biopharma Announces Additional Data for Dose-Escalation Phase 1 Study of STRO-002 to be Presented at ASCO 2021
- Maturing data from the Phase 1 dose-escalation cohort for STRO-002 showed a median progression-free survival of 7.2 months - One patient achieved a CR and nine patients achieved a PR, of which four were confirmed PRs. Median duration of response on the five confirmed responders was 5.8 months - Data on STRO-002 from the dose-escalation cohort to be presented as a poster at ASCO and available as part of the Company Corporate Presentation has a cut-off date of April 23, 2021
If these companies are any indication, it appears that the biopharma industry will be a hybrid of virtual and physical workforces, and with this comes a whole new set of risks.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: STRO), a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company focused on the application of precise protein engineering and rational design to create next-generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics, today announced that Chief Executive Officer, Bill Newell, will present at two upcoming virtual investor conferences
Sutro Biopharma Reports First Quarter 2021 Financial Results, Business Highlights and 2021 Anticipated Milestones
- Additional follow-up data on STRO-002 from the Phase 1 dose-escalation will be presented at ASCO 2021; enrollment for the dose-expansion is ongoing - Merck initiated IND-enabling toxicology studies for the first program under the cytokine derivatives collaboration resulting in a $15 million milestone payment earned in April 2021 - EMD Serono began a Phase 1 study for the bispecific MUC1-EGFR ADC, M1231, during the first quarter of 2021
Sutro Biopharma Promotes Trevor Hallam, Ph.D., to President of Research and Chief Scientific Officer
Sutro Biopharma, Inc., a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company focused on the application of precise protein engineering and rational design to create next-generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics, announced the promotion of Chief Scientific Officer Trevor Hallam, Ph.D., to President of Research.
- Initiation of an IND enabling toxicology study for the first program under the 2018 collaboration on cytokine derivatives earns a $15 million milestone payment from Merck
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. , today announced that Chief Executive Officer, Bill Newell , will present at two upcoming investor conferences
3/26/2021Biopharma and life sciences companies strengthen their leadership teams and boards with these Movers & Shakers.
Sutro Biopharma Strengthens Leadership Through Management Promotions and Expansion of Clinical Advisory Board
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. announced the strengthening of key leadership roles including the promotion of David Pauling, J.D., M.A., to General Counsel, the promotion of Robert Kiss, Ph.D., to Senior Vice President, Process and Analytical Development, and the appointment of Ana Oaknin Benzaquen, M.D., Ph.D., to Sutro's Clinical Advisory Board.
Sutro Biopharma Reports Full Year 2020 Financial Results and Provides Business Highlights and 2021 Anticipated Milestones
- Year-end 2020 cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $326.5 million, with projected runway into the second half of 2023 - Four antibody-drug conjugate programs are now in the clinic that were discovered through Sutro's proprietary and integrated cell-free protein synthesis platform
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: STRO), a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company focused on the application of precise protein engineering and rational design to create next-generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics, today announced that Bill Newell , Chief Executive Officer, will participate in the Ovarian Cancer Panel discussion on March 2, 2021
Sutro Biopharma Announces First Patient Dosed in the Dose-Expansion Study of STRO-002 in Patients with Ovarian Cancer
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. today announced the dosing of the first patient in the dose-expansion cohort of Phase 1 study.
While Sutro’s technological platform opens multiple therapeutic doors, the company’s singular focus on homogeneous molecules is a key part of its competitive strategy.
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. announced that Bill Newell, Chief Executive Officer, will present at the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Virtual Healthcare Conference on Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021 at 5:20 p.m. ET / 2:20 p.m. PT.
Sutro Biopharma Announces Closing of Upsized $144.9 Million Public Offering, including Full Exercise of the Underwriters' Option to Purchase Additional Shares
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: STRO), a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company focused on the application of precise protein engineering and rational design to create next-generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics, today announced the closing of its upsized public offering of 6,900,00
Sutro Biopharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: STRO), a clinical-stage drug discovery, development and manufacturing company focused on the application of precise protein engineering and rational design to create next-generation cancer and autoimmune therapeutics, today announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 6,000,000
Sutro Biopharma Presents Data from Ongoing Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Study for STRO-001 for the Treatment of B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma at the 62nd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- STRO-001 was generally well-tolerated in patients with late-line NHL with no ocular or neuropathy toxicity signals; MTD has not been reached - - 1 CR & 2 PRs observed in heavily pretreated patients with DLBCL; 1 SD in marginal zone lymphoma; 2 SDs in follicular lymphoma - Fred Hutchinson preclinical models with STRO-001 identifies CD74 as a potential target for the treatment of AML