5050 Nathan Lane
174 articles about Abbott
Abbott Introduces Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor in Europe, World's First Glucose Biosensor Designed for Athletes
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) is introducing the world's first glucose sport biosensor,i Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor, which is designed for athletes to continuously measure glucose to better understand the correlation between their glucose levels and their athletic performance.
- The LIFE-BTK trial will evaluate the company's new drug-eluting resorbable scaffold (DRS), known as the Esprit BTK System, for the treatment of blocked arteries below-the-knee (BTK) - Esprit BTK was granted breakthrough device designation by the U.S. FDA - There are no stents or drug-coated balloons currently approved for use below the knee in the U.S. [03-September-2020]
Abbott (NYSE: ABT), the worldwide leader in continuous glucose monitoring (CGM),4 announced today its next-generation FreeStyle® Libre 2 integrated continuous glucose monitoring (iCGM) system is now available to Medicare patients.
Abbott's Fast, $5, 15-Minute, Easy-to-Use COVID-19 Antigen Test Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization; Mobile App Displays Test Results to Help Our Return to Daily Life; Ramping Production to 50 Million Tests a Month
- Abbott's BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card is a rapid, reliable, highly portable, and affordable tool for detecting active coronavirus infections at massive scale - Test delivers results in just 15 minutes with no instrumentation, using proven lateral flow technology with demonstrated sensitivity of 97.1% and specificity of 98.5% in clinical study - Abbott to offer a no-charge complementary phone app, which allows people to display their BinaxNOW test results when asked by organiz
Abbott Receives FDA Approval for iOS-Compatible App Allowing People Living With Chronic Pain and Movement Disorders to Personalize Therapy Via Their Mobile Device
- Apple‡ smartphone-compatible digital health tool fits within the company's broader NeuroSphere™ Digital Care connected care management platform, which is designed to optimize care for chronic pain and movement disorders - NeuroSphere Digital Care offers flexible virtual care options as the COVID-19 global pandemic impacts how healthcare is administered - Approval of the Patient Controller app is the latest launch under the NeuroSphere Digital Care(1) platform
- Worldwide sales of $7.3 billion in the second quarter, including $615 million of COVID-19 diagnostic testing-related sales - Growth rates in business areas initially most impacted by COVID-19 improved significantly over the course of the second quarter - Abbott continues to strengthen its portfolio with several recent regulatory approvals, including FreeStyle Libre 2, TriClip and Gallant heart devices [16-July-2020
Abbott Receives FDA Approval for New Heart Rhythm Devices Featuring Bluetooth Connectivity and Continuous Remote Monitoring
- Next-generation Gallant™ implantable cardioverter defibrillator family of devices offers Bluetooth® capability for a more meaningful connection between patients and their doctors - Gallant ICD and CRT-D devices feature a patient-preferred design without compromising on battery longevity and compatibility with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) [06-July-2020] AB
Abbott and Tandem Diabetes Care Advance Development of Integrated Technologies for Future Automated Insulin Delivery Systems
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) and Tandem Diabetes Care (NASDAQ: TNDM) announced today that they have finalized an agreement to develop and commercialize integrated diabetes solutions that combine Abbott's world-leading1 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology with Tandem's innovative insulin delivery systems to provide more options for people to manage their diabetes.
New Research Finds Abbott's Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging Changed Treatment Decisions in 88% of Artery Blockages
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced new data from the company's LightLab Initiative that showed optical coherence tomography (OCT) imaging significantly changes how physicians decide to treat a vessel compared to traditional angiography by providing physicians improved visualization within a patient's blood vessels.
Abbott will announce its second-quarter 2020 financial results on Thursday, July 16, 2020, before the market opens.
New Data Show Use of Abbott's FreeStyle® Libre System Reduces All-Cause, Diabetic Ketoacidosis-Related Hospitalization Rates and Acute Diabetes Events
Today, Abbott (NYSE: ABT) announced results from multiple new real-world studies1,2,3,4 that demonstrate how use of the FreeStyle Libre system, the world-leading5 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology, can lead to significant clinical benefits among people living with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
New Late-Breaking Data Show Use of Abbott's FreeStyle® Libre System Significantly Reduces HbA1C Levels in People with Type 2 Diabetes Using Insulin or Not
- Real-world data(1) presented at the American Diabetes Association 80th Scientific Sessions suggest people with type 2 diabetes can achieve similar outcomes to adding insulin therapy for both long-acting insulin or non-insulin users - A separate late-breaking trial(2) demonstrates FreeStyle Libre portfolio use is associated with significant reductions of acute diabetes events and hospitalizations for a similar population [13-
The board of directors of Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today declared a quarterly common dividend of 36 cents per share. This marks the 386 th consecutive quarterly dividend to be paid by Abbott since 1924. The cash dividend is payable Aug. 17, 2020, to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 15, 2020 . Abbott has inc
- Abbott's antibody test to be deployed as part of the UK Secretary of State for Health's initiative for highly-reliable, large-scale antibody testing - European-made blood test will run on Abbott's ARCHITECT® i1000SR and i2000SR, as well as its Alinity™ i laboratory instruments - 800,000 Abbott tests have already been delivered to NHS laboratories across the UK - Test demonstrated reliable results with 99.6% specificity and 100% sensitivity for patients tested 14 d
Abbott Releases Interim Clinical Study Data on ID NOW COVID-19 Rapid Test Showing Strong Agreement to Lab-Based Molecular PCR Tests
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) announced today an interim analysis of an ongoing multi-site clinical study in urgent care clinics that indicates its ID NOW COVID-19 rapid test is showing strong agreement to lab-based molecular polymerase chain reaction (PCR) instruments.
Abbott's ID NOW™ is the fastest molecular point-of-care rapid test available today and has been delivering reliable results when and where they're needed
Research from University of Washington Demonstrates High Performance of Abbott's SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Blood Test
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) announced today new research, published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology, which found that its SARS-CoV-2 IgG lab-based serology blood test had 99.9% specificity and 100% sensitivity for detecting the IgG antibody in patients 17 days or more after symptoms began.
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2020 .
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) announced today that due to the public health impact of the coronavirus pandemic and to support the health and safety of its shareholders, employees and communities, the company will provide virtual attendance at the 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
Abbott's TriClip™ Becomes First Device of its Kind to Receive CE Mark for Minimally Invasive Tricuspid Valve Repair
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced that its TriClip™ Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Repair System has received CE Mark and is now approved for use in Europe and other countries that recognize CE Mark as a non-surgical treatment for people with a leaky tricuspid valve, a condition known as tricuspid regurgitation (TR).