Wound Irrigation System Market Increasing Prevalence of Diabetes & Related Chronic Wounds
The global wound irrigation system market is expected to reach US$ 310.43 Mn in 2027 from US$ 238.43 Mn in 2018. The wound irrigation system market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 3.0% from 2019-2027.
Asia Pacific is the fastest growing geographic market and it is expected to be the fastest revenue contributor throughout the forecast period. Factors leading to the growth of the wound irrigation systems market in Asia Pacific are, prevalence of chronic conditions such as diabetes, presence of associations as well as increased healthcare expenses towards wound care. For, instance The Japan Society for Surgical Wound Care (JSSWC) provides training to medical specialists to treat scars and wounds.
An elderly population is a group of people aged 65 and over. Population aging is poised to become one of the most significant social transformations of the twenty-first century. According to data provided by the United Nations, in 2017, there were approximately 962 million people aged 60 or over across the globe, that consists of 13 percent of the total population across the world. The community that is 60 years and above is growing at a rate of about 3 percent annually. Worldwide, the number of individuals above 80 years of age is expected to triple by 2050. Process of wound healing is extended in the aging population. Hence, the factors mentioned above are expected to fuel the demand for wound irrigation systems market during the coming years.
Request sample of this research report at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00005795/
Key findings from the report
- The global wound irrigation system market by end user segments was led by hospital segment. In 2018, the hospital segment held a largest market share of 50.56 % of the wound irrigation system market, by end user.
- Also, the hospital segment is expected to grow at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period, 2019 to 2027 because of advanced treatment options for patients for chronic and hard-to-heal wounds to treat.
- The inorganic and organic strategies done by the players operating in the wound irrigation system market, For instance, in February 2017, Centurion launched IRIG-8 system, a new irrigation system for wound management. The newly introduced product is being used as a substitute for traditional syringes with splash caps. Thus, various product launches in the market are likely to influence the market growth during forecast period.
- The major players operating in the wound irrigation system market include, Bionix Development Corporation, BSN Medical, C.R. Bard, Inc. CooperSurgical, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, SunMed, and Centurion Medical Products among others.
Chronic wounds, unlike the other types of wounds, require more extended healing periods. Common examples of chronic wounds include pressure ulcers, ischemic ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, venous ulcers, and infectious surgical or traumatic injuries. These wounds symbolize a significant burden on patients, healthcare professionals. The condition is expected to affect almost 5.7 million patients in the United States, leading to an overall expenditure of nearly US$20 billion annually. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2017, the number of people with diabetes in North America was approximately 46 million, which is expected to grow at 62 million in 2045.Type 2 diabetes is the most commonly occurring form of diabetes and has increased owing to cultural and societal changes. Around 91% of adults suffer from diabetes type 2 in many of the high-income countries. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), approximately 425 million people were living with diabetes in 2017, and it is expected to reach 629 million by 2045 across the globe. Hence, the factors mentioned above are anticipated to fuel the demand for wound irrigation systems market worldwide at a considerable rate during the coming years.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global wound irrigation system market on the basis of type, product, platform, end user, and region:
- Manually Operated
- Battery Operated
By Wound Type
- Chronic Wounds
- Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Wound Care Centers
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South America (SAM)
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00005795/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Email Id- email@example.com