Whopping 75% of Respondents Polled Say Smaller Biotechs Will Lead Hiring Rush in 2015

Whopping 75% of Respondents Polled Say Smaller Biotechs Will Lead Hiring Rush in 2015
February 10, 2015
By Riley McDermid, BioSpace.com Breaking News Sr. Editor

The results of BioSpace’s third Biotech Temperature Poll are in and the masses have spoken: Most of the respondents polled said they believe biotech companies will continue to ramp up hiring in 2015, with 70 percent polled saying they are confident new jobs will be on the horizon in the coming four quarters.

Whopping 75% of Respondents Polled Say Smaller Biotechs Will Lead Hiring Rush in 2015

When asked if large companies or smaller companies will be doing the hiring, a massive 75 percent said they believed smaller firms will be responsible for the most new jobs. The remaining 25 percent said they thought Big Pharma would provide new hires.

Whopping 75% of Respondents Polled Say Smaller Biotechs Will Lead Hiring Rush in 2015

When asked where most of that hiring would happen, 39 percent said they believed it would go to research and development jobs, 39 percent said to clinical trial research, 12 percent said in oversight and compliance, 6 percent said in the executive ranks, and 5 percent believed administrative will be receiving new hires.

Whopping 75% of Respondents Polled Say Smaller Biotechs Will Lead Hiring Rush in 2015

The majority of the respondents in this week’s poll were from the United States, with 90 percent of the 213 participants based in America. The rest hailed from a host of countries including Japan, GermanySingapore, Ireland, Switzerland, Sweden, Mexico, Portugal and the United Kingdom. Two percent of respondents declined to identify their country of domicile.

For states, California led the pack, with 29 percent of the poll’s respondents based in that state. New York followed with 13 percent, then Massachusetts at 10 percent. The rest were distributed throughout the U.S.

Back to news