Tarlton Launches Non-Profit to Support Health and Education Initiatives
“Team Tarlton” will focus on fundraising for cancer research, support for biking programs, and working to create a vibrant local community
Menlo Park, Calif. - May 2, 2019: Tarlton Properties (Tarlton), a commercial property development and asset manager, today announced the launch of its non-profit arm, Team Tarlton, which is focused on health, wellness, and serving the local community as an active corporate citizen. Team Tarlton carries on the company’s long tradition of corporate social responsibility and will now become a broader community movement after originating with the philanthropic efforts of John Tarlton and Tarlton Properties.
Team Tarlton seeks to positively influence and strengthen the vibrancy and health of the community, making it a place where all individuals are able to reach their fullest potential. Team Tarlton initiatives include:
- Advancing Cancer Research: Raising funds for new research and programs at Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) to increase the velocity of discovery and significantly improve long-term cancer survival rates, through participation in sporting events such as Race Across America (RAAM).
- Impact Through Biking: Encouraging the community to become drivers of change by using biking as a main mode of transport, through support for Bike to Work Day and other biking-related activities.
- Opening Up Opportunity: Partnering with local schools and nonprofits to inspire local youth and open up new pathways to fulfilling jobs and careers for the individuals and families that live and work in the community.
Team Tarlton originated out of CEO John Tarlton’s commitment to supporting cancer research. His passion for research and development of new treatments is rooted in his family history and is manifested in both his personal and professional life. To date, John has competed in a number of different ultra sport competitions to raise money and awareness for cancer research, including the 3,000-mile Race Across America (RAAM) in 2014, the 2015 Iron Man Tahoe, and Race Across the West in 2018.
All financial donations to Team Tarlton go directly to the Stanford Cancer Institute, where translational research resulted in John’s mother and sister both receiving extraordinary care for different types of cancer. The Institute’s goal is to transform the care experience of every cancer patient, utilizing Stanford Medicine’s unique capacity for high-throughput multidisciplinary research, resulting in patient-centered care that improves quality of life and overall health outcomes. Team Tarlton is committed to raising funds for the Institute to further this mission.
Team Tarlton is led by Elizabeth Krietemeyer, Tarlton’s vice president of operations.
“Tarlton has always felt a deep responsibility to give back to the community and to positively impact people’s lives,” said Krietemeyer. “We’re excited to expand our activities and increase our impact, while giving our community more ways to get involved.”
Upcoming Team Tarlton events include:
- Stanford Blood Center Blood Drive, May 1, 2019: Team Tarlton will partner with Menlo Park Labs to host a one-day blood drive for the Stanford Blood Center. Donations will benefit Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, Stanford Health Care and other Bay Area hospitals.
- Bike to Work Day, May 9, 2019: Join thousands of bike riders on the 25th anniversary of Bike to Work Day in the Bay Area. Team Tarlton will be hosting two Energizer Stations, raffling off a decked-out commuter bike, and rallying participants throughout the area to celebrate National Bike Month.
- Race Across America, June 11, 2019: Tarlton CEO John Tarlton will race 3,000 miles on his bicycle across the length of the North American Continent, starting in Oceanside, California and concluding in Annapolis, Maryland, to raise funds for Stanford Cancer Institute. More details available at RAAM online or on social media at #RAAM2019.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at teamtarlton.com to get involved.
About Tarlton Properties
Tarlton Properties, Inc. (Tarlton) is a leader in commercial property development and asset management. Founded in 1980, the company has developed 4.5 million square feet of prime Silicon Valley real estate. Its current portfolio comprises 1.6 million square feet of Class A life science and mixed use properties. A mission driven company, Tarlton specializes in the design of dynamic work environments that support and shape the employee experience, encouraging collaboration and productivity. Its signature group of assets—Menlo Park Labs—is a destination for many scientists from Stanford and other universities on their path to commercializing medical breakthroughs. It is now home to more than 60 life science companies. Tarlton is headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif. For more information, please visit tarlton.com.
About Team Tarlton
Team Tarlton is a non-profit focused on health, wellness, and educational initiatives. Team Tarlton seeks to positively influence and strengthen the vibrancy and health of the community, making it a place where all individuals are able to reach their fullest potential. Key activities include fundraising for cancer research, support for biking programs, and career and educational activities in the local community. For more information, please visit teamtarlton.com.
## Media Contacts:
Leyl Black and Dipti Pratt on behalf of Team Tarlton