Sienna Biopharmaceuticals Establishes Corporate Advisory Board
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif., Dec. 12, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SNNA) today announced the formation of a Corporate Advisory Board that will provide scientific, clinical and strategic advice to the Company’s senior management. The Corporate Advisory Board comprises accomplished and highly regarded medical opinion leaders within dermatology and aesthetics who have specific scientific knowledge and clinical experience in psoriasis, atopic dermatitis (eczema), pruritus (itch), acne and laser medicine.
“As a company focused on the needs of dermatologists and their patients, we are excited to announce this important step in Sienna’s corporate development,” said Frederick C. Beddingfield III, M.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Sienna. “The perspective and insight that each distinguished member of this Advisory Board can bring is invaluable. The breadth of their collective knowledge and experience spans all of our current development programs. We look forward to collaborating with them as we develop and commercialize our innovative multi-asset pipeline of topical therapies that enhance the health, appearance and quality of life of dermatology and aesthetics patients.”
“With plans for five programs to be in the clinic within the first half of 2018, multiple data readouts expected in the second half of 2018 and a vast untapped potential with our innovative Topical by Design™ and Topical Photoparticle Therapy™ platforms, this is exactly the right time for us to engage with these leading scientists and practitioners,” said Paul F. Lizzul, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer of Sienna. “They have unique and varied viewpoints from years of research and clinical practice. They share our passion for helping dermatology and aesthetics patients improve their lives. We are eager for their input as we work diligently to bring to market a pipeline of safe, effective and differentiated products for patients with significant unmet medical needs.”
The members of Sienna’s inaugural Corporate Advisory Board include:
- Mathew Avram, M.D., J.D., director of the Mass General Dermatology Laser & Cosmetic Center, director of laser, cosmetics and dermatologic surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital and associate professor of dermatology at Harvard Medical School
- Diane Berson, M.D., in private practice in New York, associate professor of dermatology at Cornell University’s Weill Cornell Medical College and assistant attending dermatologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Robert Bissonnette, M.D., M.Sc., founder and president of Innovaderm Research Inc. in Montreal and former associate professor of dermatology at the University of Montreal
- Jeffrey S. Dover, M.D., co-director of SkinCare Physicians in Chestnut Hill, Mass., associate professor of clinical dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine and associate professor of dermatology at the Brown University Warren Alpert Medical School
- Mitchel Goldman, M.D., medical director of Cosmetic Laser Dermatology and West Dermatology, California and volunteer clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California, San Diego
- Emma Guttman, M.D., Ph.D., Sol and Clara Kest professor of dermatology, vice chair for research at the department of dermatology, director of the Center for Excellence in Eczema and director of the laboratory of inflammatory skin diseases at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Ethan Lerner, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of dermatology at Harvard Medical School, assistant dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital and founder and chairman of Lerner Medical Devices
- Alan Menter, M.D., chairman of the division of dermatology at Baylor University Medical Center, chair of research for dermatology at Baylor Research Institute, principal faculty at Texas A&M University Health Science Center and clinical professor of dermatology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Sonja Ständer, Dr. med., professor of dermatology and clinical neurodermatology at the Center for Chronic Pruritus, department of dermatology, Münster University Hospital in Germany
- Gil Yosipovitch, M.D., professor of dermatology and director of the Miami Itch Center at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
About Sienna Biopharmaceuticals
Sienna Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing innovations in biotechnology to the discovery, development and commercialization of first-in-class, targeted, topical products in medical dermatology and aesthetics. The Company’s objective is to develop an innovative, diversified, multi-asset pipeline of topical therapies that enhance the health, appearance and quality of life of dermatology and aesthetics patients. Sienna is led by a management team with extensive experience in product development and commercialization at several leading dermatology, aesthetics and biotechnology companies.
For more information, visit the Company’s website at www.SiennaBio.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements related to the potential to commercialize a multi-asset pipeline of topical therapies, Sienna’s plans and expectations with regard to its clinical development programs, data readouts and timing thereof, and the potential of the Topical by Design and Topical Photoparticle Therapy platforms. Such forward-looking statements involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause Sienna’s clinical development programs, future results, performance or achievements to differ significantly from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, the uncertainties inherent in the drug development process, including the clinical trial enrollment process, the regulatory approval processes, the timing of regulatory filings, the challenges associated with manufacturing drug products, Sienna’s ability to successfully protect and defend its intellectual property, and other matters that could affect the sufficiency of existing cash to fund operations and the availability or commercial potential of Sienna’s product candidates. Sienna undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. For a further description of the risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those expressed in these forward-looking statements, as well as risks relating to the business of the Company in general, see Sienna’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and any subsequent current and periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Contact (Investors and Media):
Chief Financial Officer
Senior Director, Investor Relations