Self Care Catalysts Announces Two New CPT® Codes That Health Storylines Platform Directly Supports
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The American Medical Association (AMA) has issued two new Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes for 98980 and 98981 Remote therapeutic monitoring/treatment management services.
Self Care Catalysts’ Health Storylines App provides the robust platform to support remote therapeutic monitoring/treatment management services for:
● Treatment Plan Adherence by Patient
● Patient Feedback on Treatment Plan
● Feedback on Prescription Efficacy and Experiences
● Remote Monitoring of Clinical Markers
● Remote Monitoring of Patients’ Attitudes and Compliance
● Real-time Data Monitoring
● Real-time patient experiences
CPT codes are granted and regulated by the AMA CPT Editorial Panel and are widely used by government payers, including Medicare and Medicaid, and commercial health plans to describe healthcare services and procedures for reimbursement. The release of these new codes represents a major reimbursement milestone for practices and healthcare systems across the US who will be able to submit claims directly related to remote therapeutic monitoring. Ultimately, these new codes will provide millions of patients with access to improved clinical experiences and more timely and accurate information for the provider.
● 98980 Remote therapeutic monitoring treatment management services, physician or other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring at least one interactive communication with the patient or caregiver during the calendar month; first 20 minutes.
● 98981 Remote therapeutic monitoring treatment management services, physician or other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring at least one interactive communication with the patient or caregiver during the calendar month; each additional 20 minutes (List separately in addition to code for primary procedure).
About Self Care Catalysts
Self Care Catalysts puts the patients at the center and intersection of human networks, technology, and science with their Health Storylines™ platform; a disease-agnostic and customizable platform that connects healthcare stakeholders to engaged patients, generating real-world data that they require to make informed decisions. The Health Storylines platform enables delivery of holistic care, research, and behavior intervention by always putting the patient first, allowing patients to take control of their journey, connecting them with the often-siloed members of the healthcare ecosystem, building and earning their trust, and honoring healthcare neutrality. Read more about Self Care Catalysts at www.selfcarecatalysts.com.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220112005232/en/
Source: Self Care Catalysts
View this news release online at: