Sales Biologics Drugs for Atopic Dermatitis Treatment to Surpass US$ 15 Billion by 2027
Product Development to Remain at the Epicenter of Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Players in Atopic Dermatitis Market
The latest study on the atopic dermatitis market by Fact.MR provides compelling insights into key factors propelling the demand across key segments in terms of drug class and distribution channel. The report reveals critical trends elevating growth prospects for the market. It also offers detailed analysis of various macro-economic indicators for the next ten years
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: As per a research conducted by Fact.MR, the global atopic dermatitis market is estimated to surpass US$ 19 billion through 2027. In response to growing concerns regarding healthcare and rising awareness regarding atopic dermatitis treatments, the market is projected to exhibit stellar growth, expanding at a CAGR of 24.1% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2027.
The market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of dermatological concerns such as atopic dermatitis across the world. According to a study by the World Health Organization (WHO), over 900 million people were diagnosed with skin-related diseases in 2017.
The report also states that atopic dermatitis affects more than 300 million people worldwide. Thus, the demand to curb the increasing prevalence of the disease is expected to create lucrative sales opportunities for the industry players.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
In terms of drug class, biologics are expected to remain the preferred choice for the treatment of atopic dermatitis. As per Fact.MR analysis, demand in biologics segment will increase exponentially by 2027, registering a CAGR of 32.1%. Overall biologics sales are expected to top US$ 15 Bn by the end of the forecast period.
North America is anticipated to continue leading the global market, accounting for more than half of the total sales registered through the assessment period. Driven by the increasing adoption of advanced treatment solutions and novel drugs and greater penetration of new players, the market in North America is projected to expand at a CAGR of 27% between 2020 and 2027.
“Key manufacturers are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities for launching novel biologics and small molecule drugs for substituting first-line and second-line therapeutics. This is expected to bode well for the market growth,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Takeaways from Atopic Dermatitis Market Study
- The U.S. is projected to dominate the North America market, favored by the adequate reimbursement coverage schemes for pharmaceutical companies in the country.
- Europe is expected to estimate to account for nearly 1/3rd of the overall market share, supported by the increasing well-established healthcare infrastructure.
- China is forecast to emerge as a highly remunerative market in Asia Pacific, due to the rising incidence of atopic dermatitis and other skin-related diseases in the country.
- Retail pharmacies are anticipated to lead the distribution channel segment accounting for over 3/4th atopic dermatitis drugs sales.
- Based on drug class, the PDE4 inhibitors segment is predicted to exhibit vigorous growth, expanding at a whopping CAGR of 31.1% through 2027.
- Increasing incidence of skin ailments such as atopic dermatitis across North America and Asia Pacific is driving the market growth.
- High convenience, easy availability of therapeutic drugs, and rising number of pharmacies are the factors driving the sales across the retail pharmacies segment.
- Rising number of favorable medical reimbursement policies across Europe is facilitating the growth of the market.
- High cost of treatment for atopic dermatitis, especially, in developing economies is hampering the market growth.
- Stringent regulatory approval scenario for novel atopic dermatitis therapeutics drugs is restraining the growth of the market.
To learn more about Atopic Dermatitis Market, you can get in touch with our Analyst at:
As per Fact.MR, the top six leading players in the global atopic dermatitis market are Mylan M.V., Pfizer Inc., LEO Pharma A/S, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, and Novartis AG. Key players in the market are extensively investing in research and development of new pharmaceutical drugs to expand their market share. For instance,
- Sanofi Genzyme, American Biotechnology Company, manufactures the biologics drug DUPIXNET®, for treatment of skin lesions and reduces itching. The product inhibits the signaling of interleukin-13 (IL-13) and interleukin-4 (IL-4) proteins to reduce the type-2 inflammation occurring in atopic dermatitis.
- Pfizer Inc., a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation headquartered in the U.S., manufactures Eucrisa (crisaborole) consisting of PDE4 Inhibitors for the treatment of skin ailments, specifically Eczema.
Some of the key players in the atopic dermatitis market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- LEO Pharma
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sanofi. Mylan
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Anchor Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Meda Pharmaceuticals
More Valuable Insights on Atopic Dermatitis Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global atopic dermatitis market, analyzing forecast statistics through 2020 and beyond. The survey reveals growth projections on in atopic dermatitis market with detailed segmentation:
- PDE4 Inhibitors
- Skin Barrier Emollients
- CNI Immunosuppressants
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Covered in the Atopic Dermatitis Market Report
- The market survey also highlights projected sales growth of the atopic dermatitis market between 2020 and 2027
- The report offers insight into atopic dermatitis demand outlook for 2020-2027
- Atopic dermatitis market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Atopic dermatitis market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain –
Radiation Dermatitis Treatment Market- Radiation dermatitis treatment market growth is increasing as the negative effects of radiation therapy on the skin become more apparent. Healthcare settings are providing solutions to lessen these occurrences, resulting in an increase in radiation dermatitis treatment market growth. In the next years, the demand for treatment of acute and chronic radio dermatitis is predicted to skyrocket. Topical steroids and topical corticosteroids for radiation dermatitis are also predicted to see an increase in popularity. Due to the growing popularity of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China is projected to offer tremendously appealing growth potential (TCM).
Inflammatory Skin Diseases Treatment Market- Inflammatory skin diseases treatment is generally associated with wide co-morbidities such as diabetes and psoriasis arthritis. The global inflammatory skin diseases treatment market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. Physiological issues are common in those who have inflammatory skin diseases. People who suffer from inflammatory skin disorders have a negative effect on their quality of life. Furthermore, there is an immediate demand for inflammatory skin disease therapy all around the world as a result of this.
Dermatology Diagnostic Devices Market- Dermatology diagnostic devices are in high demand due to the vast range and high prevalence of skin disorders across areas. Consumer interest in personal care products is increasing among both male and female demographics. In addition, in recent years, the number of non-invasive dermatology procedures has increased significantly. In the foreseeable future, this aspect will create growth chances. While the COVID-19 pandemic has had a primarily negative impact, skin inflammation symptoms in patients will benefit dermatology diagnostic device producers in the months ahead.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583