Visual Field Screening Goes Mobile: NovaVision, Inc. to Debut Portable HMP (Head Mounted Perimetry) Wireless Diagnostic Device at the March 2011 SECO 2011 International Conference
Published: Mar 01, 2011
Quick Facts about NovaVision’s HMP (Head Mounted Perimetry) Visual Field Screener:
• Commercial instrument intended for on-site diagnostic optometric, medical and therapeutic trade use
• Rugged device is well-suited for Military use or missionary work
• Portable and ADA-compliant: use at satellite offices, hospitals, physicians’ offices, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, any exam room, and even missionaries
• Safely and effectively screens early detection of Visual Field Deficits
• Features include an intuitive touch screen user interface, 2 speed settings, and diamond shaped screening grid
• Uses a suprathreshold 3-zone strategy to produce a 60° x 44° field (horizontally and vertically, respectfully), which produces a report allowing physicians to evaluate whether patients have any suspect areas requiring further evaluation. Qualifies for CPT 92082
• Measures the visual field in increments of 4° as opposed to 6°, which allows physicians to detect disease states earlier than current market screening tools. (124 vs. 55076 points tested)
• User friendly - patients place the “goggles” over their eyes and hold a response button. They simply click the button whenever they see the fixation point change or when they see a stimuli appear anywhere in the field while remaining visually fixated on the central point
• Convenient for physicians, particularly those with multiple offices and/or seek to provide visual field testing from anywhere, at any time: from a patient’s bedside, at the hospital, or on a missionary trip
Learn more about the features and advantages of NovaVision’s HMP (Head Mounted Perimetry) Visual Field Screener by viewing related trade videos online at www.tinyurl.com/HMP-NV1 and www.tinyurl.com/HMP-NV2.
About NovaVision, Inc.
With headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida, Vycor Medical, Inc. (OTCBB:VYCO) subsidiary NovaVision, Inc. researches, develops and provides science-driven neurostimulation therapy and other medical technology solutions that restore sight to patients with neurological vision impairments. The company’s proprietary, award-winning Visual Restoration Therapy (VRT) platform is FDA-approved and clinically proven to restore lost vision resulting from stroke, brain cancer, traumatic brain injury (“TBI”), or other acquired brain injury. VRT can be prescribed by any eye doctor, neurologist or physiatrist. NovaVision also provides devices that aid in the diagnosis of visual field deficits: an Inpatient Device for assessment and therapeutic use in rehabilitation centers, and its Head Mounted Perimeter (HMPTM) - a portable and ADA-compliant instrument to aid in the assessment of visual field deficits. Among other honors and accolades, NovaVision has received the "Best of Boca Raton Award" in the Doctors Equipment & Supplies Category by the U.S. Local Business Association (USLBA); the "Heavy Hitter in Healthcare" award by the South Florida Business Journal ; and "Hero in Medicine Award" by the Palm Beach County Medical Society Services. For more information, log on to www.NovaVision.com or call 888.205.0800.
About Vycor Medical, Inc.
Vycor Medical, Inc. (VYCO.BB) is a medical device company committed to making brain, spinal and other surgical procedures safer and more effective and, through its NovaVision, Inc. subsidiary, providing Vision Restoration Therapy (VRT) to a broad range of patients. The company’s flagship, Patent Pending ViewSite™ Surgical Access Systems represent an exciting new breed of retraction technology that holds the potential for speedier, safer and more economical brain, spinal and other surgeries and a quicker patient discharge. Vycor’s innovative medical instruments are designed to optimize neurosurgical site access, reduce patient risk, accelerate recovery, and add tangible value to the professional medical community. Vycor is ISO 13485:2003 compliant, has FDA 510(K) clearance for brain and spine surgeries, and CE marketing and HPB licensing in Canada. For more information visit www.VycorMedical.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
Information in this document constitute forward-looking statements or statements which may be deemed or construed to be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words "forecast", "anticipate", "estimate", "project", "intend", "expect", "should", "believe", and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve, and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which could cause Vycor Medical's actual results, performance (financial or operating) or achievements to differ from the future results, performance (financial or operating) or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks, uncertainties and other factors are more fully discussed in Vycor Medical’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements attributable to Vycor Medical herein are expressly qualified in their entirety by the abovementioned cautionary statement. Vycor Medical disclaims any obligation to update forward-looking statements contained in this estimate, except as may be required by law.