Vaxart, Inc. To Present Key Data Related To Its Oral Norovirus And Seasonal Influenza Tablet Vaccines At The 9th Vaccine & ISV Congress In Seoul
- Oral Norovirus Vaccine Candidate Elicits Robust Systemic and Mucosal Immune Responses Compared to Injectable Vaccine in Preclinical Studies
- H1N1 Seasonal Influenza Tablet Vaccine Generates Neutralizing Antibodies in 92% of Subjects in Phase 1 Clinical Study
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vaxart, Inc., a privately held, clinical-stage biotechnology company developing oral recombinant vaccines that are administered by tablet rather than by injection, announced today that results from two studies will be presented at the 9th Vaccine & ISV Congress in Seoul, South Korea.
“Oral Immunization of a Norovirus Vaccine Leads to Superior Specific IgA Responses in Animals”
The first presentation will cover data demonstrating that Vaxart’s oral norovirus vaccine elicited a broader immune response when compared to an injectable VLP VP1 vaccine. The second presentation will highlight data from a recent Phase 1 clinical study demonstrating that the Vaxart’s H1N1 influenza tablet vaccine generated neutralizing antibodies in 92 percent of subjects after a single dose.
Vaxart vaccines are based on a versatile vector-based platform that is designed to be suitable for a wide range of infectious diseases. The company’s lead programs include tablet vaccine candidates for seasonal influenza, norovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
Results of the studies will be presented as follows (all times are in Korea Standard Time):
Sunday, Oct. 18
- Poster Presentation Title: “Oral Immunization of a Norovirus Vaccine Leads to Superior Specific IgA Responses in Animals”
- Lead Author and Presenter: Leesun Kim, Ph.D., Scientist, Vaxart
- Time: 6:05 – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Crystal Ballroom Foyer, Lotte Hotel
Tuesday, Oct. 20
- Oral Presentation Title: “Tablet Vaccine Platform Elicits Neutralizing Antibodies Without Impact on Preexisting Immunity”
- Lead Author: Sean Tucker, Ph.D, founder, Chief Scientific Officer, Vaxart
- Presenter: Leesun Kim, Ph.D., Scientist, Vaxart
- Time: 11:40 – 11:55 a.m.
- Location: Crystal Ballroom 2, Lotte Hotel
Vaxart is a privately held, clinical-stage company developing a range of tablet vaccines based on its proprietary oral recombinant vaccine platform. Vaxart’s vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration, are easy to administer, and eliminate risk of needle-stick injury and medical waste associated with injectable vaccines. For more information, please visit www.vaxart.com.
Katie Hogan, 415-658-9745