Unilife Medical Solutions Results of Scheme Meetings and Extraordinary General Meeting
Published: Jan 11, 2010
LEWISBERY, PA--(Marketwire - January 11, 2010) - In accordance with ASX Listing Rule 3.13.2, Unilife Medical Solutions Limited (Unilife or the Company) (ASX: UNI) (PINKSHEETS: UNIFF) is pleased to confirm that each of the resolutions put to shareholders and optionholders at the Court Ordered Scheme Meeting of Shareholders and Optionholders (as applicable) and the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 8 January 2010 were passed.
The resolutions related to the following matters:
SHARE SCHEME MEETING
1. Approval of Share Scheme - Approximately 99% in favour.
OPTION SCHEME MEETING
1. Approval of Option Scheme - 100% in favour.
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
1. Approval of Unilife Corporation 2009 Stock Incentive Plan - Unanimously passed on a show of hands. Approximately 91% of proxies in favour(1);
2. Approval of issue of options to Jeff Carter - Unanimously passed on a show of hands. Approximately 88% of proxies in favour(1);
3. Approval of issue of options to John Lund - Unanimously passed on a show of hands. Approximately 85% of proxies in favour(1);
4. Approval of issue of options to William Galle - Unanimously passed on a show of hands. Approximately 84% of proxies in favour(1); and
5. Approval of issue of incentives to Alan Shortall - Unanimously passed on a show of hands. Approximately 84% of proxies in favour(1).
Comment from Unilife Chief Executive Officer Alan Shortall
"Shareholders have voted overwhelmingly in favour of our redomiciliation to the US. We consider this to be a resounding vote of shareholder confidence in our plans to consolidate our position as a US-based global leader in the design, development and supply of innovative safety medical devices.
"We are now in a position to finalise preparations to list on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Subject to the SEC declaring our registration statement effective and NASDAQ approving our listing application, trading on the NASDAQ exchange is expected to commence in mid-February.
"I believe these steps will help consolidate our position as a sustainable global business with the necessary expertise and operational capabilities to service the needs of an expanding network of pharmaceutical and healthcare customers. It will also help us build relationships with US-based investors that have a firm understanding of global pharmaceutical and healthcare markets.
"The Board and I are confident that Unilife will continue to deliver upon key commercial and operational milestones for 2010. Over the coming 12 months we intend to complete our listing on NASDAQ, expand our base of US investors, complete the industrialisation program for the Unifil™ syringe, launch our Unitract™ 1mL syringes, strengthen our relationships with pharmaceutical and healthcare industry leaders, complete our new global headquarters in Pennsylvania and continue to build a world-class team. We look forward to building further value in the Company on behalf of all our shareholders."
Unilife would also like to take this opportunity to inform shareholders and optionholders that Federal Court approval of the Schemes will be sought at 2.15pm on Thursday 14 January 2010 at Law Courts Building, Queens Square, Sydney, New South Wales.
Unilife Medical Solutions Ltd is an ISO 13485 certified company that designs, develops and supplies innovative safety medical devices. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: UNI) since 2002, Unilife has FDA-registered manufacturing facilities in the US State of Pennsylvania and a proprietary portfolio of clinical and prefilled safety syringes designed for use within healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
(1) The Chairman indicated that he would vote all his open usable votes in favour of each resolution and these have therefore been added to the proxies which were directed "for" the resolutions.
Shareholder / Analyst Enquiries:
Phone: + 61 2 8346 6500
Phone: + 1 908 469 1788