Teleflex Inc. To Present The Peripheral Intervention Product Portfolio From Its New Subsidiary, Vascular Solutions At The Annual Meeting And Postgraduate Course Of The Cardiovascular And Interventional Radiological Society Of Europe (CIRSE) 2017
Published: Sep 13, 2017
WAYNE, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX), a leading global provider of medical technologies for critical care, urology and surgery, will showcase the product portfolio recently acquired from its new subsidiary, Vascular Solutions, as well as its Arrow® Hemodialysis, Oncology and Peripheral Intervention Solutions at the CIRSE Congress being held in Copenhagen, Denmark, on September 16-20, 2017.
With the recent acquisition of Vascular Solutions, Teleflex now offers clinical solutions for minimally invasive coronary and peripheral vascular interventions, with a full line of products that give vascular specialists the tools they need to handle routine and complex cases. Clinicians worldwide rely on the quality and proven clinical utility of products from Vascular Solutions, such as the Turnpike® Catheter, Pronto® Extraction Catheter, Micro Elite™ Snare, Expro Elite™ Snare and Hunter™ Biopsy Sealing Device.
The Arrow® OnControl® Powered Bone Access System offers the ability to effectively, safely and rapidly obtain high quality bone samples.1,2,3,4 Our bone lesion biopsy needle is designed specifically for multiple bone biopsies from a single cortical penetration. Using our patented handheld driver technology, the Arrow® OnControl® Powered Bone Access System provides interventional radiologists a fast, reliable solution for accessing dense and hard-to-reach bone lesions.5
The ARROW-Clark™ VectorFlow™ Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter has an innovative tip designed to produce a helical, three-dimensional transition of blood entering and leaving the catheter.6 Designed for optimum performance, this tunneled hemodialysis catheter, with symmetrical tip designed to reduce loss of lock solution7 (a contributing factor in reducing the risk of thrombus adherence8), gives sustained high flows, minimizes recirculation and reduces the risk of platelet damage resulting from shear stress.9
During the CIRSE Congress on Saturday, September 16, Teleflex is running two “Central Lines and Ports” Hands-on Device Training Sessions (CLP-HDT), featuring Timothy W.I. Clark MD (Director of Interventional Radiology at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology) and Alain Storms (Product Manager, Teleflex) as presenters. CLP-HDT 1 will take place from 09:30-11:00 and CLP-HDT 2 will take place from 12:30-14:00, both in HDT Room 1.
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management's current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, ARROW-Clark, Expro Elite,
Deknatel, Hudson RCI, Hunter, LMA, Micro Elite, OnControl, Pilling,
Pronto, Rüsch, Turnpike, VectorFlow, and Weck are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the
U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2017 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
1. Berenson JR, Yellin O, Blumenstein B, et al. Using a powered bone marrow biopsy system results in shorter procedures, causes less residual pain to adult patients, and yields larger specimens. Diagnostic Pathology 2011;6:23.*
2. Miller LJ, Philbeck TE, Montez DF, et al. Powered bone marrow biopsy procedures produce larger core specimens, with less pain, in less time than with standard manual devices. Hematology Reports 2011;3(e8):22-5. doi:10.4081/hr.2011.e8.* Available at: [PMC free article] [PubMed] verified March 2015.
3. Swords RT, Anguita J, Higgins RA, et al. A prospective randomized study of a rotary powered device (OnControl) for bone marrow aspiration and biopsy. J Clin Pathol 2011; 64(9):809-13. doi:10.1136/jclinpath-2011-200047.*
4. Lee RK, Ng AW, Griffith JF. CT-guided bone biopsy with a battery-powered drill system: preliminary results. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2013;201(5):1093-5. doi:10.2214/AJR.12.10521. Available at: [PubMed] verified March 2015.
5. Symington K, et al. CT-guided biopsy produces high quality specimens for diagnosis: a retrospective analysis of 64 consecutive cases using a powered biopsy device at a community based hospital. Blood 2013; 122:5381.
6. Clark T, et al. Computational Flow Dynamics and Preclinical Assessment of a Novel Hemodialysis Catheter. Seminars in Dialysis 2012;25(5):574-581. doi: 10.1111/j.1525-139X.2012.01052.*
7. Data on file at Teleflex. Compared to other competitive symmetrical tip catheters.
9. Clark TWI, Isu G, Gallo D, Verdonck P, Morbiducci U. Comparison of symmetric hemodialysis catheters using computational fluid dynamics. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2015;26(2):252-259. doi: 10.1016/j.jvir.2014.11.004
* Research sponsored by Teleflex Incorporated.