Synaptive Medical Announces Presence at 2019 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Showcases Integrated Automated Tractography and Robotics Product Suite
April 11, 2019 15:10 UTC
- Neurosurgical Case Presentations on Tractography and Novel Automatic White-Matter Segmentation Approach
- Cadaveric Lab Highlights Modus VTM
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Synaptive Medical, a global pioneer in automated surgical planning and robotics, today announced they will be showcasing their fully integrated array of products and hosting surgical case study presentations at this year’s 2019 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) being held April 13-17, in San Diego, at the San Diego Convention Center.
As part of this commitment to bringing innovation to the operating room, Synaptive will feature their integrated technology suite within the meeting Exhibit hall from Sunday, April 14, to Tuesday, April 16, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. PDT. Synaptive Medical’s main showing is located at Booth 2033, and their Cadaveric Lab is located in the Surgical Suites (Booth 547). The neurosurgical equipment and imaging innovations to be presented at this year’s meeting are as follows:
- BrightMatterTM Plan automatically generates dynamic, whole-brain tractography, so surgeons can easily review white matter tracts and explore surgical approaches during pre-operative planning stages. Additional updates to this product, will be featured, including white matter segmentation, which enables surgeons to see patient-specific tract bundles within seconds.
- Location(s): Synaptive Booth (Booth 2033), Stryker Booth (Booth 933), Stryker Mobile Lab (Booth 1144)
- Modus VTM lends enhanced optics and a larger field of view using its fully automated robotic microscope, which ensures surgeons have a crystal-clear view of critical neuroanatomical structures at all times. Modus V will be demoed through a variety of simulated procedures in different settings, including a mock cranial and spine station and a clinical skills station.
- Location(s): Synaptive Booth (Booth 2033), Expo Suite (Booth 2454), Cadaveric Lab (Surgical Suites)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: In preparation for the launch of Evry™, Synaptive’s head-only MRI, intended to provide imaging directly at the point-of-care, they will showcase their latest images and user interface design to gain insights.
- Location: Synaptive Booth (Booth 2033)
Case study presentations will highlight best practices for using Synaptive’s products, as well as introduce a new feature to one of their products. Dr. Sebastian Koga from Ochsner Health System will present the clinical applications of this new feature.
Case Study Presentations:
- Case 1 (Monday, April 15, 9:00 a.m. PDT; Booth 2033) – “Clinical applications of tractography and a preview of a novel automatic segmentation algorithm”, presented by Dr. Sebastian Koga from Ochsner Health System. Dr. Koga will demonstrate why tractography is important in planning and executing on the optimal approach.
- Case 2 (Monday, April 15, 4:00 p.m. PDT; Booth 2033) – “Oncologic and Neurovascular case experience with Synaptive’s Modus V and Integrated Tractography Platform,” presented by Dr. Lawrence Dickinson from Sutter Health Eden Medical Center, will share his experiences using the Modus V in both cases and discuss compelling surgical data.
- Cadaveric Lab:
- Synaptive will run a cadaveric lab on Sunday, April 14 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. PDT in a surgical suite on the conference exhibit floor. The lab will run for a total of two hours, broken down into 30 minute segments, to allow for optimal hands-on experiences by attendees. The cadaver will be set up in a cranial skull-base approach to highlight the key benefits of Synaptive’s robotic microscope, Modus VTM. The event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center Exhibit Hall in the Surgical Suites.
For more information on the meeting and Synaptive’s presence, visit the AANS Program Schedule.
About Synaptive Medical
Synaptive Medical Inc., a Toronto-based medical device and technology company, designs hardware and software technologies that cross traditional barriers in hospitals and improve patient care in and beyond the operating room. Synaptive’s Modus V™ and integrated BrightMatter™ solutions—including surgical planning, navigation and visualization, and an informatics platform—give leading clinicians and healthcare systems the information they need to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
LifeSci Public Relations
Source: Synaptive Medical