Stryker Introduces the ICONIX™ All Suture Anchor Platform
Published: Mar 14, 2013
MAHWAH, N.J., March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Stryker announced today the launch of the ICONIX all suture anchor platform with IntelliBraid technology. The foundation of the ICONIX dates back to all suture fixation technology first used in clinical cases in 1998. After acquiring the base technology from Laurane Medical in 2011, the Stryker team applied design expertise to further develop the ICONIX platform, placing it in a league of its own.
"The ICONIX all suture platform offers our customers an implant with a minimal footprint, exceptional biomechanical performance, and varied angles of approach to give the surgeon more flexibility when placing implants across multiple indications," says Matt Moreau, Vice President and General Manager of Stryker's Joint Preservation business. "Our acquisition of the first ever all suture platform and expertise in flexible technology also allowed us to optimize the anchor construct, flexible instrumentation, anchor deployment, and suture manipulation."
"ICONIX is an ideal anchor for those hard to access spots such as the lesser tuberosity for subscap repair or the medial cuff footprint for double row partial cuff repair," says Dr. David W. Altchek, Co-Chief of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
The ICONIX all suture anchor fixation platform features:
- Anchors designed for minimal bone removal during pilot hole creation
- Unique IntelliBraid technology which creates a bunching effect using targeted compression zones within the implant sheath for optimal fixation
- Single, double, and triple loaded options indicated for a variety of procedures including rotator cuff, instability, and hip labral repair
- Anatomically designed curved and straight instrumentation options enabling easier access and more precise anchor placement
- Drills with a unique Self Centering (SC) Technology, enabling accurate pilot hole placement
The ICONIX platform will be featured at Stryker's booth #3412 at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2013 Annual Meeting next week, along with several other new product innovations.
Visit the Stryker channel on YouTube for more information about the ICONIX all suture anchor platform here.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. For more information about Stryker, please visit www.stryker.com.