SNBL USA, Ltd. Receives AAALAC Accreditation for Its Facilities in Wash. and Texas
Published: Oct 16, 2012
“AAALAC accreditation reaffirms SNBL’s commitment to provide the most humane and appropriate care to all animals in our charge,” said SNBL USA Director of Laboratory Animal Resources, David Reim, DVM, MS, DACLAM. “With our rigorous animal care program and compassionate and experienced team members, we work diligently to assure clients and our community that we take our animal care responsibilities seriously.”
Noted commendations from the AAALAC included:
• Healthy, well-cared-for animals — The site visitors observed thousands of animals during their visit, and the animals they saw were well socialized, used to people and calm. Animals willingly came forward in their cages, even for the site visitors.
• Excellent environmental enrichment program — The nearly universal group housing of animals in Texas was noted, as was the significant upward trend in social housing in Washington.
• Well-trained, knowledgeable staff throughout the program — The site visitors noted the rapid and informed responses to their questions and suggestions from individuals throughout the program including animal care staff, veterinary staff, environmental health and safety, facilities, etc.
• The training program and career development for entry-level staff were complimented as being strong at all levels.
• High level of husbandry and animal care at both sites — This excellence drives the success of the program. • Institutional support — The institutional support for the improvement of the program was evident in capital improvements made to buildings, floors and caging.
• Detailed, comprehensive and well-maintained medical records — Animals were quickly reported for veterinary assessment and treatment.
AAALAC International is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes the humane treatment of animals in science through voluntary accreditation and assessment programs. More than 850 companies, universities, hospitals, government agencies and other research institutions in 36 countries have earned AAALAC accreditation, demonstrating their commitment to responsible animal care and use. These institutions volunteer to participate in AAALAC's program, in addition to complying with the local, state and federal laws that regulate animal research.
For additional information regarding SNBL USA’s laboratory or toxicology services in general, please contact SNBL at 425.322.1950 or email@example.com.
About SNBL USA, Ltd.
Headquartered in Everett, Wash., SNBL USA, Ltd. offers a unique range of safety assessment services to fulfill its commitment to help free patients from suffering. Managed and operated by a team world renowned for its wide-ranging NHP experience and expertise, SNBL offers programs ranging from regulatory toxicology to customized study designs. SNBL’s specialized capabilities include safety assessment of biologics, reproductive toxicology, cardiovascular, respiratory and CNS pharmacology, immunotoxicology and carcinogenicity.
Located in Alice, Texas, SNBL USA SRC complements SNBL USA in providing quality NHP resources. Through a commitment to investment and excellence, SNBL USA strives to offer the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries unparalleled quality in both science and service.