Skyepharma PLC: Capital Markets Day, Muttenz, Switzerland
Published: Sep 20, 2013
LONDON, UK, 20 September, 2013 - Skyepharma PLC (LSE SKP), the expert oral and inhalation drug delivery company, is today hosting a Capital Markets Day at the Company’s Research & Development centre in Muttenz, Switzerland. Skyepharma management and third party speakers will make a series of presentations to provide greater insight into the Company’s current operations and market drivers.
Today’s site visit will provide an opportunity to meet Skyepharma’s executive and senior management team, tour the Group’s facilities and learn more about Skyepharma’s proven capabilities in oral drug delivery and inhalation drug development. The event will also review the Company’s global partnerships, progress on existing products including flutiform®, and future partnering and drug development opportunities.
Skyepharma will be joined by guest speakers Georg Toufar, Chief Marketing Officer and Board Director of Mundipharma International, and Prof. Alberto Papi, Professor of Respiratory Medicine at the University of Ferrara, Italy. The presentations for today’s event are listed in the notes to editors section of this press release and are available on Skyepharma’s website.
In two separate announcements today, available on the Company’s website, Skyepharma has announced the following developments:
- Kyorin Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd. ("Kyorin") has received official administrative marketing authorisation for flutiform® for bronchial asthma treatment from the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (“MHLW”). Following this approval, a milestone of several million U.S. dollars is now payable to Skyepharma from Kyorin, the Group’s licensing partner in Japan. Skyepharma will also receive high-mid single digit royalties on net sales.
- GlaxoSmithKline (“GSK”) has received official marketing authorisation from Japan’s MHLW for RELVAR™ ELLIPTA™, GSK’s combination product for the long-term, once-daily maintenance treatment of bronchial asthma. Under its agreement with GSK, Skyepharma is eligible for royalties of up to £6 million per annum.
These announcements follow news on Thursday, 19 September 2013, that Mundipharma International Corporation Limited (“Mundipharma”), has commenced European clinical trials of flutiform® for the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (“COPD”). The costs for the COPD studies will be borne by Mundipharma, the Group’s development and marketing partner.
For further information please contact:
Peter Grant, Chief Executive Officer +44 207 881 0524
Julia Phillips/Susan Stuart/ Natalie Garland-Collins +44 207 269 7121
Shaun Dobson/Jennifer Wyllie +44 207 496 3000
Skyepharma combines proven scientific expertise with validated proprietary drug delivery technologies to develop innovative oral and inhalation pharmaceutical products. The Group is eligible for revenues from 14 approved products in the areas of inhalation, oral, topical and injectable drug delivery as well as generating income from the development of further products and technology licenses. The products developed by the Group are marketed throughout the world by big pharma as well as speciality pharmaceutical companies. For more information, visit www.skyepharma.com
Capital Markets Day Presentations
The presentations for the Skyepharma Capital Markets Day can be accessed on the investor relations section of the Company’s website at:
- Welcome and Overview: Frank Condella, Chairman
- Introduction: Peter Grant, Chief Executive Officer
- Skyepharma’s inhalation business: Dr Geraldine Venthoye, Vice President Pharmaceutical Development
- flutiform® - building a global product: Dr Kirsten Kaiser, Executive Vice President Medical & Regulatory Development
- flutiform® - growing momentum in Europe: Georg Toufar, Chief Marketing Officer and Board Director, Mundipharma International
- flutiform® - developing a global Supply Chain: Selene Daly, Vice President Supply Chain
- flutiform® - the clinical and patient perspective: Prof. Alberto Papi, Professor of Respiratory medicine, University of Ferrara, Italy
- Skyepharma’s oral business: Dr John Buckle, Executive Vice President Sales & Business Development
- Oral drug delivery technologies: Dr Guy Vergnault, Vice President Oral Drug Delivery Solutions
- Business Development strategy: Dr John Buckle
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.