SentreHEART® Announces Participation and Scheduled Presentations at Heart Rhythm 2019
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SentreHEART, Inc., today announced its participation and scheduled presentations at the Heart Rhythm Society’s 40th Annual Heart Rhythm Scientific Sessions, in San Francisco, CA on May 8-11, 2019.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190506005256/en/
SentreHEART, the manufacturer of the LARIAT® Suture Delivery Device, is presently conducting the prospective, multi-center, randomized controlled Trial known as the aMAZE™ Trial (https://amazetrial.com) in up to 65 centers within the United States. The Trial is a superiority design and intends to demonstrate the LARIAT procedure for Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) closure, when used in adjunct with subsequent Pulmonary Vein Isolation (PVI) catheter ablation, will lead to a reduced incidence of recurrent AFib compared to PVI alone in those patients that suffer from drug-refractory, persistent and long-standing persistent AFib.
Unlike LAA implant solutions for AFib, the aMAZE Trial seeks to potentially treat an underlying disorder of AFib by mechanically and electrically isolating the base of the LAA in a single step using the percutaneous, non-implant LARIAT suture delivery device.
Presentations of interest specific to the LARIAT and/or the aMAZE Trial include:
Wed. May 8th
- LAA Exclusion as an Adjunct to AF Ablation – aMAZE and More presented by Nitish Badwhar, MD, Stanford University at 11:40 AM, Room 155.
- LAA Exclusion Using Epicardial Devices presented by Randall Lee, MD, PhD, University of California, San Francisco at 1:20 PM in Room 155.
- Whoops! – I Isolated the Left Atrial Appendage, Now What? presented by Christopher Ellis, MD, Vanderbilt University at 5:36 PM in Room 301
Thu. May 9
- Industry Expert Presentation on Therapeutic Solutions for the Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Patient will consist of expert presentations by David Wilber, MD, Loyola; Suneet Mittal, MD, The Valley Hospital; Sunil Kumar Sinha, MD, Johns Hopkins University; Karl-Heinz Kuck, MD, Asklepios Klink St. Georg and Hugh Calkins, MD Johns Hopkins University. The symposium will be held from 12:15 PM-1:15 PM in Rhythm Theater 2.
Fri. May 10
- Epicardial-only Approach to Left Atrial Appendage Ligation, a poster authored by Jose Sanchez, MD, University of California, San Francisco will be available for viewing from 9:30am-12:00pm in the poster area of Hall A,B,C
- What’s New in Managing the LAA – an Update on the aMAZE Study presented by David J. Wilber, MD, Loyola University Medical Center at 11:45 AM in Room 303
SentreHEART will also be exhibiting at the Heart Rhythm Meeting (Booth #2133) highlighting the background and rationale behind the aMAZE Trial.
Clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT02513797
U.S. FDA IDE #G150107
About SentreHEART, Inc.
SentreHEART is a privately owned medical device company based in Redwood City, CA. Founded in 2005, SentreHEART has developed innovative technology for remote delivery of suture for closure of anatomic structures including the left atrial appendage.
Source: SentreHEART, Inc.
Senior Director of Marketing
Source: SentreHEART, Inc.