Sangamo Therapeutics Announces New Scientific Advisory Board
“I am excited to be working with such a distinguished, diverse, and imaginative group of experts who have joined our Scientific Advisory Board to provide input into Sangamo’s research and clinical development strategy, with a view to helping us identify new opportunities for differentiation and innovation in the genomic medicine space, and to define and address future trends,” said Adrian Woolfson, B.M., B.Ch., Ph.D., Head of Research and Development. “As Sangamo continues to advance programs from our technology platforms into clinical programs, it is critical that we obtain input from individuals with diverse expertise across a broad range of relevant research and development areas."
The Sangamo SAB members are as follows:
- Roger Kornberg, Ph.D., Winzer Professor in Medicine, Structural Biology Department, Stanford University Medical School (SAB Chair)
- Dr. Mark Chee, Ph.D., President, Encodia, Inc., CEO and CSO, Prognosys Biosciences
- Jef Boeke, Ph.D., D.Sc., Director, Institute for Systems Genetics, NYU Langone Health
- Megan Levings, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Surgery and School of Biomedical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Lead, Childhood Diseases Theme, BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute
- Stuart Schreiber, Ph.D., Morris Loeb Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University
- Samuel Aparicio, B.M., B.Ch., Ph.D., FRCPath FRSC, Senior Scientific Director of Cancer Genomics and Co-Chair, Enabling Innovation Working Group, New York Genome Center
- Michael Grunstein, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Biological Chemistry, UCLA- Department of Biological Chemistry
- Robert J. Desnick, Ph.D., M.D., D.Sc. (Hon)., Dean for Genetics and Genomic Medicine & Professor & Chair Emeritus, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Douglas Higgs, FRS, Director, MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital
- Frank Walsh, Ph.D., B.Sc., Founder and CEO, Ossianix
- Steven W. Pipe, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology, Laurence A. Boxer Research Professor of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Pediatric Medical Director, Hemophilia and Coagulation Disorders Program, Director Special Coagulation Laboratory, University of Michigan
- J Fraser Wright, Ph.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Center for Definitive and Curative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Principal, Wright Biologics Consulting.
For more information, please visit https://www.sangamo.com/about-us/leadership.
About Sangamo Therapeutics
Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. is focused on translating ground-breaking science into genomic medicines with the potential to transform patients' lives using gene therapy, ex vivo gene-edited cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and gene regulation. For more information about Sangamo, visit www.sangamo.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding Sangamo's current expectations. These forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements regarding the Company's ability to develop and commercialize product candidates to address genetic diseases with the Company's proprietary technologies and the timing of commencement or next stages of such programs and the anticipated benefits therefrom. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include, but are not limited to, the outcomes of clinical trials, the uncertain that members of the SAB will remain engaged with Sangamo and the uncertainties of the regulatory approval process. Actual results may differ from those projected in forward-looking statements due to risks and uncertainties that exist in Sangamo's operations and business environments. These risks and uncertainties are described more fully in Sangamo's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018 as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 1, 2019 and Sangamo's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2019 that it filed on November 6, 2019. Forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are made as of this date, and Sangamo undertakes no duty to update such information except as required under applicable law.
Source: Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.