ResMed Inc.'s New Nasal Mask Sets the Bar for Comfort and Performance
Published: Sep 03, 2013
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ResMed, an innovator and pioneer in developing products for the treatment of sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory conditions, today announced a new nasal mask, the Swift FX Nano, for use with positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy. This mask, available now throughout the U.S., represents a significant breakthrough for the nasal mask category.
"By combining the headgear design of a nasal pillows mask with the superior seal of a nasal mask we have created something for patients who want an effective mask that takes up less space," said Jon Yerbury, ResMed's vice president, Sleep-Disordered Breathing.
Swift FX Nano Nasal Mask Combines the Best of Nasal Mask and Pillows
ResMed's Swift FX Nano nasal mask has a new proprietary design that keeps the mask small and unobtrusive without the need for rigid frames or forehead support. The result is a mask that more closely resembles a nasal pillows mask but carries the superior seal and performance of a nasal mask.
Easy to fit, wear and maintain, the Swift FX Nano nasal mask includes features to encourage compliance:
- Set-it-and-forget-it headgear that makes fitting the mask easy because there are only two points of adjustment, and "lock and key" assembly for swift attaching and detaching of the headgear
- Modified dual-wall cushion with trampoline action that provides a stable, comfortable seal
- Ultra-smooth ball joint where the air tube connects to the mask, allows the tube to move freely in virtually every direction
- Whisper-quiet venting that gently distributes air away from the patient and bed partner
- For Her option with headgear and cushion sizes designed for women
"There's a reason nasal masks are growing in popularity, and that's because they're comfortable and convenient," said Yerbury. "The Swift FX Nano goes one step further by being ultra-compact in size with minimal headgear and great performance."
Like all ResMed masks, the Swift FX Nano is ultra-soft and latex-free.
ResMed is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of medical products for the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disorders, with a focus on sleep-disordered breathing. The company is dedicated to developing innovative products to improve the lives of those who suffer from these conditions and to increasing awareness among patients and healthcare professionals of the potentially serious health consequences of untreated sleep-disordered breathing. For more information on ResMed, visit www.resmed.com.
Help employers find you! Check out all the jobs and post your resume.