Research and Education’s Technical Community to Gather in Orlando for the 2018 Internet2 Technology Exchange
- Renowned data scientist Robert L. Grossman, Frederick H. Rawson Professor of Medicine and a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Chicago, to give The Exchange address, “Data Clouds, Data Commons and Data Ecosystems: How Data Science is Changing the Way We Analyze Scientific Data, Make Discoveries and Reproduce Research,” on Wednesday, October 17 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Trust and Identity Plenary: What Have We Accomplished, What is Important, and What is Urgent? – Internet2 and community leadership will share updates on trust and identity accomplishments as well as important and critical topics facing the research and education community in the year ahead.
- Next Generation R&E Ecosystem: Plans for Next Evolution of Internet2 Infrastructure - session will provide the outlines of the technical and service planning activities for the new Internet2 Network and link this work to presentations throughout the Technology Exchange that have been piloting and researching technologies and service models.
- Where the Wild Things Are?: Cool Tech from the Big Three Cloud Companies - technical leads from Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure will each speak about their most differentiated feature and give a high-level, deep dive on the topic.
- All for One and One for All: EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and REN-ISAC - panel discussion will focus on how all three organizations work collaboratively and independently to provide support for cybersecurity professionals.
- Gender and Diversity in Information Security and IT - panel discussion will focus on mid-level career professionals and the challenges they face on a day-to-day basis.
Internet2® is a non-profit, member-driven advanced technology community whose core infrastructure components include the nation’s largest and fastest research and education network that was built to deliver advanced, customized services that are accessed and secured by the community-developed trust and identity framework. Visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2.