Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Launches VITROS 4600® Chemistry System for Mid- to High-Volume Laboratories
Published: Jul 22, 2011
RARITAN, N.J., July 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (OCD) today announced the launch of the VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System, a state-of-the-art analyzer that delivers high-quality, reliable test results for mid- to high-volume laboratories using the same core technologies that drive reliability and efficiency throughout OCD's portfolio of products. The new analyzer completes the VITROS® x600 Family of Systems, which includes the VITROS® 5600 Integrated System and the VITROS® 3600 Immunodiagnostic System. This portfolio of integrated instruments and broad, world-class menu of assays enable laboratories to deliver diagnostic results that help raise the standard of patient care in their institutions and networks.
In developing the VITROS® 4600 System, we stayed true to the value that our customers expect from OCDs family of analyzers, stated Holly Hillberg, Vice President, Research & Development. The VITROS® Family of Systems provides sophisticated information management and interpretation tools that help reduce the potential for human error, improve operational efficiencies and ultimately help optimize patient care decisions.
The VITROS® 4600 System is built on the same core VITROS® technologies that provide configurable, expandable automation solutions to streamline and standardize laboratory workflow while enhancing throughput. The proprietary technologies that drive this reliability and efficiency include:
- MicroSlide Technology - allows for system operation independent of water supply and drainage and delivers high-quality results with 95 percent reportable result efficiency, minimizing operator interventions and maximizing ease of use.
- MicroTip Technology - provides special chemistry menu offerings and user-defined assays in a format that is cost-effective and easy to implement with a low risk of carryover.
- MicroSensor Technology - boosts efficiency and controls costs by automatically detecting and flagging issues with patient samples without compromising turnaround time or operator workflow.
- Intellicheck Technology - delivers real-time process monitoring with fully documented traceability to minimize the risk of erroneous result reporting.
- e-Connectivity® Interactive System Management - offers real-time access to information for proactive diagnosis and remote repair, maximizing uptime and increasing staff productivity.
Further, the automation-ready, point-in-space interface of the new system provides the flexibility to standardize and consolidate testing by combining the VITROS® 3600 Immunodiagnostic System and the VITROS® 5600 Integrated System on the enGen Laboratory Automation System.
The VITROS® 4600 System was developed to provide test results that laboratories and patients can count on, while optimizing staffing, supporting standardized practices and managing total operating costs, said Peter Hoehn, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Clinical Laboratories. The design of this system is a result of actively listening and responding to the needs of our customers by investing in products, services and process solutions that meet the unique needs of modern clinical laboratories.
As part of its commitment to customers, OCD also provides access to crucial services and solutions that help make labs more efficient in delivering the quality results doctors and patients need.
- To maximize uptime, OCD's industry-leading Remote Monitoring Center (RMC) - the first-of-its-kind 24 hours / 7 days a week central command center in the in vitro diagnostic industry - is designed to proactively determine the need for certain preventative intervention thus maximizing operational uptime.
- OCD's ValuMetrix® Services is an international strategic consulting and training service that helps healthcare organizations increase capacity, eliminate waste, and implement LEAN principles to optimize the efficiency of their operations.
- ORTHO PLUS(SM) Inventory Management is an online service to help U.S. customers reduce manual inventory activities and lower costs by recording usage and automatically generating reorder recommendations for review by lab managers.
About the VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System
The VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System is Ortho Clinical Diagnostics' most recent addition to the VITROS® x600 family of analyzers. It offers standardized, high quality test results using common technologies across our continuum of integrated and stand-alone systems. Beginning with dry slide technology, the VITROS® 4600 System leverages OCD's core technologies that maximize patient result quality and promote ease of use and productivity. Key features of the VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System include an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface that is standardized across our family of analyzers; disposable tip metering; up to 6-month calibration stability; parallel processing of routine and special tests for uncompromised workflow; reduced maintenance requirements, adjustable thresholds for onboard inventory management and calibration expiration. The VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System also incorporates state-of-the-art features including MicroSlide Technology, MicroTip Technology, MicroSensor Technology, Intellicheck Technology and e-Connectivity® Interactive System Management. In addition, the VITROS® 4600 Chemistry System provides a comprehensive chemistry menu including therapeutic drugs, special proteins, and DAT/Toxicology.
About Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. delivers the high-quality in vitro diagnostic products that give healthcare professionals around the world the knowledge they need to make better treatment decisions sooner. The company serves the global transfusion medicine community with donor screening and blood typing products to help ensure every patient receives blood that is safe, the right type and the right unit. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics also brings sophisticated information management, testing technologies, and automation and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories worldwide to help them run more efficiently and improve patient care. For more information, visit www.orthoclinical.com.
SOURCE Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics, Inc.