Oracle, Aurora Health Care Develop Fresh Approach to Speed Delivery of New Patient Treatments
Published: Jan 31, 2011
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - January 31, 2011) -
Oracle Press Room
- Oracle and Aurora Health Care have entered into an agreement to work together to connect health care providers and the world's leading life sciences companies in an effort to more rapidly deliver innovative therapies to patients.
- The project will focus on the secondary use of clinical data for improving processes for clinical studies including comparative effectiveness research, safety monitoring and long-term observational studies.
- As part of the agreement, Oracle will provide data management and analytics expertise to help Aurora Health Care leverage its clinical expertise and maximize the potential of Aurora's biorepository, ORBIT, to further advance biomarker research.
- Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit health system that serves 1.5 million patients a year across 15 hospitals and 155 clinics in eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. It is the largest health system in Wisconsin.
- "Enhanced collaboration across the healthcare and life sciences continuum is vital to driving continued innovation, including the discovery and development of next-generation treatments and therapies," said Neil de Crescenzo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit. "Oracle is pleased to collaborate with Aurora Health Care, applying our industry-leading data management and analytics capabilities to Aurora's efforts to advance research and improve patient outcomes."
- "This is the future of medicine," said Nick Turkal, MD, Aurora Health Care's president and CEO. "The opportunities created through this agreement with Oracle could transform clinical research. Aurora has a long history of offering the newest therapies and technologies to patients through clinical trials. We hope this project will allow us to work with industry to take research to the next level. We believe this collaboration will contribute to significant advancements that improve patients' lives while lowering costs."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Become an Oracle Health Sciences Fan on Facebook
- Aurora Health Care
- Open-Source Robotic Biorepository & Informatics Technology, ORBIT
- Follow Aurora Health Care on Twitter
- Become an Aurora Health Care Fan on Facebook
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
O'Keeffe & Company
Aurora Health Care