OncLive® Presents the Latest State of the Science Summit™ on the Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information for oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on the treatment of hematologic malignancies Wednesday, September 19, from 5 to 9 p.m. at The Westin Seattle. The summit will be chaired by Jerald Radich, M.D., a member of the clinical research division at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle and an associate professor of medical oncology division at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle.
This brief educational summit will offer updates in the treatment of illnesses including lymphomas, multiple myeloma, acute myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Experts will discuss novel therapies, new agents and combination studies, as well as childhood acute leukemia and lymphoma.
Presenters for the event include:
- Andrew Cowan, M.D., specialist in bone marrow transplantation and hematology oncology, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance; assistant professor, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Vivian G. Oehler, M.D., hematology oncologist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance; associate member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; associate professor of medicine, division of hematology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Mary-Beth Percival, M.D., hematologist oncologist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Mazyar Shadman, M.D., MPH, medical oncologist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance; assistant member, clinical research division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; assistant professor, medical oncology division, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Brian Till, M.D., attending physician, stem cell transplant service, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance; associate member, clinical research division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; assistant professor, medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Chaitra Ujjani, M.D., assistant professor, division of hematologist/oncologist, Georgetown University Hospital Medical Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates Inc. Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.
Alexandra Ventura, 609-716-7777, ext. 121