OncLive® Announces the Latest State of the Science Summit™ on the Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies
CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on treatment of hematologic malignancies. The event will take place on Saturday, September 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (PDT) at W San Francisco. The summit will be chaired by Thomas Martin. M.D., clinical professor of medicine, adult leukemia and bone marrow transplantation program and associate director, myeloma program, University of California San Francisco (UCSF), co-leader, hematopoietic malignancies program, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Designed for hematologists, oncologists, nurses, physicians and health care professionals interested in hematologic malignancies, this education program delves into the emerging treatment and strategies for different hematologic disorders. The summit will discuss updates in lymphoma, frontline therapy for multiple myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia and acute myeloid leukemia and chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy. The event will also feature a peer-exchange discussion, which will be followed by a question-and-answer session.
Speakers for the program are as follows:
- Babis Andreadis, M.D., associate professor of clinical medicine, department of medicine, UCSF; director, clinical research support office, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Shagun Arora, M.D., assistant clinical professor, USCF; hematologist-oncologist, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Lloyd Damon, M.D., director of blood and bone marrow transplant, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Bita Fakhri, M.D., MPH, clinical instructor, department of medicine, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Michael Green, M.D., oncologist, Kaiser Permanente
- Lawrence D. Kaplan, M.D., clinical professor of medicine, director, adult lymphoma program, division of hematology-oncology, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Neil Shah, M.D., Ph.D., professor, department of medicine (hematology/oncology), program leader, hematopoietic malignancies program, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Edward S. Ageno Distinguished Professorship in Hematology/Oncology, UCSF
- Nina Shah, M.D., hematologist-oncologist, hematology and blood and marrow transplant clinic, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Sandy W. Wong, M.D., assistant clinical professor, division of hematology/oncology, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.
Alexandra Ventura, 609-716-7777, ext. 121