NXP Semiconductors Kicks Off High Performance RF Design Challenge
Published: Jan 10, 2011
EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS--(Marketwire - January 10, 2011) -
NXP HPRF Design Challenge
Cartoon: HPRF Design Challenge
Facts / Highlights:
- The NXP High Performance RF Design Challenge will take place in three phases:
- Phase I: Conceptual Design - January 10, 2011 to February 20, 2011
- Phase II: Hardware Design - February 28, 2011 to April 24, 2011
- Phase III: Prototype - May 2, 2011 to May 29, 2011
- The Conceptual Design Phase requires an initial design, including an abstract, title and block diagram. Contestants receive a free HPRF Design Challenge kit once a valid entry has been submitted.
- During the Hardware Design Phase, each contestant will develop and provide a proof of concept of a working prototype -- for example, as a video or as a measurement report -- as well as an accompanying bill-of-materials, schematics, layout file and other design-related material.
- A group of finalists from EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas will enter the Final Prototype Phase, during which each contestant will be given an opportunity to polish his or her design in a regional NXP HPRF design lab, with transportation and accommodation costs covered by NXP.
- The top three finalists will have an all-expenses-paid trip to IMS2011. The Grand Prize will include a $3,000 Apple Store® voucher.
- Registered Design Challenge Community members will also be eligible to rate and vote on design entries, alongside a panel of judges from NXP.
- "High Performance RF technologies have traditionally been used to solve the toughest engineering challenges, in applications ranging from satellite receivers, wireless base stations and broadcast transmitters, to ISM, aerospace and defense. The goal of our HPRF Design Challenge is to inspire talented RF engineers to think creatively and bring RF power to new and interesting application areas. In other words: Be daring. Surprise us! And we'll support you in bringing your concepts to life," said John Croteau, senior vice president and general manager, high performance RF and power lighting solutions, NXP Semiconductors.
- NXP High Performance RF Design Challenge
- Cartoon: NXP HPRF Design Challenge
- Follow up-to-the-minute developments via Twitter: @NXP_HPRF_Scott
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. Headquartered in Europe, the company has approximately 28,000 employees working in more than 25 countries and posted revenue of US$ 3.8 billion in 2009. For more information, visit www.nxp.com
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding our business strategy, financial condition, results of operations, and market data, as well as any other statements which are not historical facts. By their nature, forward- looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. These factors, risks and uncertainties include the following: market demand and semiconductor industry conditions, our ability to successfully introduce new technologies and products, the demand for the goods into which our products are incorporated, our ability to generate sufficient cash, raise sufficient capital or refinance our debt at or before maturity to meet both our debt service and research and development and capital investment requirements, our ability to accurately estimate demand and match our production capacity accordingly or obtain supplies from third-party producers, our access to production from third-party outsourcing partners, and any events that might affect their business or our relationship with them, our ability to secure adequate and timely supply of equipment and materials from suppliers, our ability to avoid operational problems and product defects and, if such issues were to arise, to rectify them quickly, our ability to form strategic partnerships and joint ventures and successfully cooperate with our alliance partners, our ability to win competitive bid selection processes to develop products for use in our customers' equipment and products, our ability to successfully establish a brand identity, our ability to successfully hire and retain key management and senior product architects; and, our ability to maintain good relationships with our suppliers. In addition, this document contains information concerning the semiconductor industry and our business segments generally, which is forward-looking in nature and is based on a variety of assumptions regarding the ways in which the semiconductor industry, our market segments and product areas will develop. We have based these assumptions on information currently available to us, if any one or more of these assumptions turn out to be incorrect, actual market results may differ from those predicted. While we do not know what impact any such differences may have on our business, if there are such differences, our future results of operations and financial condition, and the market price of the notes, could be materially adversely affected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak to results only as of the date the statements were made; and, except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, we do not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after we distribute this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in our SEC filings. Copies of our filings are available from our Investor Relations department or from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.